The Vice President of Human Resources (VPHR) participates in the execution of the company’s Human Resources strategy, and is actively involved in planning, designing, and executing HR services and programs that are aligned with overall business goals. The VPHR manages the administration of policies, procedures, and programs, ensures excellence in the development and delivery of HR programs and services (including Human Resources Information Systems, performance management, compensation, and benefits), organizational design and development, succession planning, and talent management to attract, develop, and retain top talent. This position manages the Benefits, Compensation and HRIS functions/team. As a senior member of HR, the VPHR will develop and lead the HR function in a manner that upholds standards of excellence in the delivery of services to its employees.
As a senior member of the Human Resources team, the VPHR will lead, manage, and participate in the development and implementation of HR strategies, policies, and procedures for HR initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
* Provide leadership in aligning and developing performance-based compensation systems. Direct the design, review, administration, and management of all company compensation and benefits programs and policies, including job evaluations, salary administration, incentive compensation programs, retirement plans, and health and welfare programs. Continually assess the competitiveness of all compensation and benefit offerings in relationship to the market and best practices, and recommend improvements.
* Manage a team of 4 employees with direct supervision of 2 employees in the Human Resources department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Review and recommend best practices for the company’s performance management process and HRIS, and ensure the applicable technology is utilized/maximized to administer all compensation and benefit programs.
* Ensure that all benefits and compensation processes, plans, procedures, and programs are in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Coordinate, prepare, and distribute benefits audits, company audits, certifications, and filings.
* Oversee and assist in maintaining all HR systems and appropriate documentation of employee files. Coordinate annual review of Employee Guidebook, Manager’s Manual, and HR policies and procedures for relevance and effectiveness.
* Advise management and staff on all areas of HR policies and practices, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and other HR related issues, and ensure training is delivered when appropriate.
* Prepare and distribute written information to employees regarding HR policies and benefits and compensation program implementation.
* Meet reporting requirements of all government policies and regulations, Affirmative Action, and ERISA.
* Manage open enrollment process, eligibility, COBRA administration, communication, and compliance.
* Participate in all activities associated with mergers and acquisitions.
* Oversee development and maintenance of Affirmative Action Plan. Ensure that Affirmative Action Plan programs allow equal opportunity in recruitment, hiring, and promotions for all employees.
* Prepare the annual budget for the Human Resources department, operating within guidelines, and monitor expenses on a monthly basis.
* Participate in management project groups as requested.
* Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values and leadership practices.
* Ensure compliance with business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures.
* Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures, support the company’s goals and core values, nurture the company through outside activities, support Affirmative Action, and respect diversity.
* Interpersonal Skills – Act as a strong collaborator with customers and co-workers, focus on responding to customer inquiries, maintain confidentiality, keeps emotions under control, remain open to ideas.
* Oral & Written Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification, respond well to questions, demonstrate group presentation skills, participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively, vary writing style to meet needs, and present numerical data effectively.
* Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, give and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team spirit, and build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
* Quality Management – Look for ways to improve and promote quality through accuracy and thoroughness.
* Business Acumen – Understand basics of the business and related implications of decisions.
* Cost Consciousness – Work within approved budget and conserve organizational resources.
* Ethics – Treat people with respect, work with integrity and ethics, and uphold organizational values.
* Analytical – Effectively organize data, both financial and systemic information, and make assessments that will be used to optimize systems or financial performance.
* Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem-solving situations, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
To perform this job successfully, the VPHR must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential requirements:
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related area with 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions within a customer service/financial services industry. SPHR or PHR certification is preferred but not essential.
* Specialized and current training in employment law and regulations, benefits, compensation, training, organizational planning, organizational development, and employee relations.
* Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
* An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
* A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation, and detail-oriented perspective.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!