The Vice President Human Resources (VPHR) reports directly to the President & CEO, and is an HR expert who drives initiatives for all people functions of the organization, including talent management, cultural change, organizational development, and diversity and inclusion. The VPHR is responsible for the creation and implementation of a Human Resources stratagem that is aligned with the strategic and operating goals of the organization, and will manage the delivery of HR services to all employees. The VPHR will establish Human Resources as a value-added business partner to the members of the executive team and senior management.
The VPHR will drive organizational leadership, HR functional leadership, HR communication, and training and development. As a strategic partner, the VPHR will serve as a consultant to management on human capital related matters, which may include staffing, employee productivity, base compensation, workforce planning, performance management, succession planning, professional development, employee engagement, and retention. The VPHR will manage the HR team of two staff members.
* Participate in planning the strategic direction of the organization and develop long-range plans to achieve overall goals and objectives. Provide leadership and guidance on organizational change management.
* Partner with the newly established HR Committee on the Board of Directors for people initiatives. Lead the organization’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee to include strategy, metrics, and actions plans.
* Support and promote the mission, values, and philosophy both internally and outside of the organization.
HR Functional Leadership
* Act as an internal consultant for management and employees to anticipate, identify, and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues consistent with organizational policies/practices, legal considerations, and overall priorities. Work directly with outside council on any legal matters regarding employment issues.
* Lead, facilitate, and successfully conclude difficult conversations supporting both staff and management to resolution, including progressive discipline, termination, and/or legal action if required.
* Develop and manage annual department budget, and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
* Use workforce analytics and business metrics to drive strategic decision making as it relates to people and policies.
* Ensure that the organization complies with all applicable laws and regulations concerning fair employment practices, employee health and safety, employee relations, other compliance related programs. Stay aware of evolving government influences on management policies and practices, and plan accordingly for changes in regulations.
* Work in conjunction with Finance/Payroll to plan, manage, and execute on a budgeting process for all employee costs.
* In partnership with Legal and Finance, oversee the design and implementation of competitive total compensation programs. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation systems. Direct the design, review, administration, and management of all company compensation and benefits programs and policies, including job evaluations, salary administration, incentive compensation programs, retirement plans, and health and welfare programs.
* Coordinate participation in salary surveys, develop policies and guidelines, and own/manage the salary review and performance review processes. Provide coaching to senior leaders on performance management.
* Research and recommend for the implementation of a Human Resources Information System. Ensure that HR technology meets current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and integrate as appropriate to deliver efficiencies across the organization.
* Develop a communications strategy to ensure that employees are informed, aligned, and engaged with key priorities. Meet regularly in one-on-one and group meetings with Vice Presidents to ensure effective, streamlined, and user friendly HR practices and policies.
* Design, lead, and execute strategies for building the workforce needed to deliver the capabilities required by internal customers. Ensure execution of staffing strategies, human capital development, and resource planning to identify, attract, nurture, and retain talent.
* Design and execute a strategic program to meet professional development needs. Oversee the design and implementation of HR strategies around succession planning, career management, performance management, leadership development, and continuous employee learning.
* Create a learning environment that allows employees access to knowledge, HR systems, and training with ease and efficiency. Connect learning and skill building with organizational outcomes and employee performance.
* Develop an on-boarding and training program that effectively meets the needs of on-site and remotely located staff.
* Plan, organize, and create opportunities for employees to be celebrated, recognized, awarded, and appreciated (outings, parties, award ceremonies, etc.).
* Master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management is preferred, with PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
* High integrity, creative HR leader with 10+ years of experience in a senior-level HR position in a fast paced, high growth, multi-service organization of over 100 employees. At least 5 to 7 years in HR leadership with a track record of progressive career movement and strong performance in all major functional areas of HR.
* Exceptional knowledge of fundamental HR skills and best practices, including talent acquisition, performance management, coaching, leadership development, compensation and benefits, organizational development, diversity and inclusion, HRIS, employee relations, and employment law.
* The ability to work independently in a high growth environment coupled with outstanding reasoning and problem-solving skills, a strong customer focus, and excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
* Deep knowledge of federal and state employment laws with the capacity to remain current with changing laws and regulations to ensure the organization is compliant and has programs in place to support these requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal skills (including strong oral and written communication skills) with strong conflict management and negotiation skills to interact effectively at all levels of the organization to identify and resolve complex issues.
* Strong project management, program development, contract negotiation, and vendor management skills.
* Demonstrated success in leading large multi-year organizational change efforts through proven employee communication and engagement strategies.
* A respect for the talent and unique contribution of every individual, culture, and ethnic group, treating all people in a fair and equitable manner.
* The ability to relate to all levels of a highly diverse workforce, from entry level to C-suite, with a strong sense of collaboration, responsibility, accountability, and enthusiasm.
* Excellent MS Office suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with solid experience in HR systems, including applicant tracking systems (ATS).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.