Our client is looking for a Vice President/Senior Vice President, Human Resources (“Head of HR”) to become part of their audacious mission to expand the impact of their novel drugs to multiple cancers and beyond. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the President/Chief Scientific Officer, the Head of HR will drive the Human Resources strategy and strengthen its “ICURE” (Innovation, Courage, Urgency, Resilience, Energy) culture. The Head of HR will serve as a business partner to Executive Team, leading the strategic direction, management, and tactical “roll-out” of all aspects of HR in alignment with business (patient-centric) objectives. The Head of HR will champion the company’s aspirations to continuously improve as a “learning organization”, and provide counsel to the CEO, President/CSO, and entire Executive Team on the full scope of HR activity, skillfully engaging in meaningful discussions about the R&D, commercial, financial, and operational aspects of the business. The Head of HR must live and breathe the fundamental company culture – and expand and improve upon it – always with the ultimate goal of making better medicines available to patients with serious diseases. This position is about being part of an energetic, “failure isn’t an option” culture of people who truly want to improve medicine.
- * Drive and support the ongoing development of a high-performance culture that emphasizes the ICURE attributes and promotes a focus on quality, collaboration, transparency, productivity, goal attainment, empowerment, and a shared purpose, bringing novel medicines to patients with serious medical conditions.
- * Develop, secure agreement to, and implement HR plans, programs, and policies to create the value proposition for attracting, building, and retaining talent across all functions of the company.
- * Set the talent agenda, which includes employment, staffing, succession planning, development, and leveraging talent at every level throughout the company.
- * Establish employee retention tools and performance measurement systems that support the company’s interest in rewarding, developing, and retaining top talent.
- * Lead the performance management system, ensuring metrics are aligned with strategic and operational initiatives.
- * Develop and grow the HR department by leveraging existing talent and bringing in the appropriate resources to scale with the company.
The Head of HR will possess HR leadership experience in life science organizations that are innovative with employee engagement, respected for an accomplishment-focused culture, and have leveraged their R&D-driven environments toward becoming a fully-integrated international company that is commercializing its proprietary product pipeline. Additional requirements include:
- * 15+ years of HR experience working as a strategic and operational partner to the leadership team of an innovative and publicly traded pharmaceutical company in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where results (e.g. getting novel oncology drugs to patients with cancers) are the primary focus.
- * Prior successful experience building diverse international development/commercial organizations and putting efficient and thorough HR systems and procedures in place, coupled with experience in each of the functional areas of HR.
- * Proven experience in building international organizational capability with demonstrated expertise in strategic human resources leadership and people management.
- * Experience working with a public company Board of Directors and a Compensation Committee on all executive compensation matters.
- * Excellent time management skills within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- * Experience with process improvement tools and human capital metrics.
- * Agile learner with a high level of energy and motivation who truly agrees with the company’s mission and foundation, with a strong positive outlook and a continuous improvement mindset.
To apply for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.