This is an exciting career opportunity for an HR Professional seeking to work in a high growth company. Our client is looking for a Total Rewards Manager to provide compensation and benefits expertise and support to the HR organization and all US and international employees. The Manager will be responsible for the design and development of benefits plans/programs. Core responsibilities of the job include managing health and welfare programs, 401(k) plan, ACA compliance requirements, employee benefits data, and internal and external data analytics. The Manager will also administer the leave of absence and disability programs, and lead benefit operations and initiatives. The Manager works closely with the Head of Total Rewards and & HR Systems to support the compensation programs and processes.
* Determine employee benefit best practices by benchmarking best practices, researching industry and employment trends, tracking legislation, and estimating impact.
* Recommend employee benefit programs by examining, evaluating, and optimizing employee understanding, acceptance, and interests, costs, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantage. Determine employee interest by conducting employee surveys and analyzing responses.
* Explain employee benefits by conducting meetings, preparing written and graphic announcements and explanations, and responding to requests.
* Provide HR management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee benefit data and trends.
* Plan and execute location-specific wellness programming.
* Ensure compliance with HIPAA, ADA, Section 125, FMLA, and CA benefit and leave-related laws. Respond to
inquiries and ensure benefit policies and administrative practices and processes are in compliance.
* Serve as front-line resource on LOA issues in Cambridge and the field. Provide information to employees, managers, and HRBPs on LOA process, policies, and data related to leaves (e.g., dates, status, projected RTW).
* Participate in discussions with vendors and follow through on fee negotiations, risk areas, plan design, etc.
* Support recruitment activities by conducting competitive benchmarking and guidelines for structuring new hire offers, promotions, adjustments, transfers, etc. Work with Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partners in a consultative manner to develop specific recommendations to attract, motivate, and retain key talent.
* Lead market pricing process, including job matching. Manage survey participation and analyze competitive market data to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
* Support the annual and mid-year compensation processes.
* Analytics: Identifies rules, principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information. Analyzes information and makes correct inferences or draws accurate conclusions.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, and uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, as well as make recommendations.
* Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others, develops and maintains effective relationships with others, effectively deals with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed, relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations, and is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
* Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
* Flexibility: Is open to change and new information, adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles, and effectively deals with ambiguity.
* Creative Thinking: Uses imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to problems, and designs new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable.
* Stress Tolerance: Deals calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
* Bachelor’s Degree.
* 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
* In-depth knowledge of benefits design and administration principles, laws, and practices.
* Solid working knowledge of compensation programs and processes.
* A thorough understanding of benefits administration and in-depth understanding of leave of absence policies, as well as state and federal laws governing leaves.
* Proficiency in MS Excel, (pivot tables, vlook-ups, etc.).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.