Our client has an exciting opening for a Talent Acquisition Director working under the direction of the Sr. Director, Human Resources. The position is located in Bar Harbor, ME and there are two options for the successful candidate:
1) Relocate (with package) to the Bar Harbor area and work full-time on site.
2) Work remotely from a home office in the Boston area and fly to Bar Harbor where you will live and work for 3 business days each week.
The Talent Acquisition Director is responsible for the design and implementation of staffing strategies and directly supervising a team of recruiters. This position will be responsible for managing and leading recruiting resources as well as external recruiting sources as needed.
The Talent Acquisition Director will provide guidance on selection and placement of talent at all levels of the organization and, in addition, will be responsible for the local implementation of programs, such as a college recruitment strategy, the on-going development of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Programs (AAP) and objectives to ensure compliance and other applicable requirements, all necessary pre-boarding and on-boarding activities, and recruiting and reporting turnover metrics.
Essential functions include:
* Develop and implement world class recruiting strategies to attract top talent. Conduct research and analyze data on assigned projects to internally source candidates and lower external vendor recruitment costs to the organization.
* Implement recruiting strategy to meet the needs of the business, including diversity and university relations, college fairs, and related events.
* Manage recruitment resources, including a team of recruiters.
* Establish, cultivate, and maintain on-going relationships with hiring managers/supervisors and company-wide recruiters in order to understand business units, positions, and their recruiting requirements.
* Allocate appropriate resources to meet department staffing plans and organizational needs. Work closely with HR team to assure proper process flow and meet internal customer expectations.
* Collaborate with HR team and management to provide ongoing communication on recruitment efforts and status of open positions and recruitment strategies.
* Research, analyze, and report recruiting metrics.
* Develop, manage, and monitor the expense budget for recruitment and staff development.
* Manage the development, implementation, and administration of the Recruitment Management System.
* Stay abreast of latest trends in candidate sourcing, including maximizing social networking and company’s web presence.
* Take responsibility as a recruiter for a significant volume and array of position openings.
Required experience includes:
* BS or BA plus a knowledge of/recent experience with best practices of recruiting new employees.
* 8 to 12 years of experience in staffing with a minimum of 5 years of experience managing a staff.
* Prior experience developing a recruiting program and recruiting metrics.
* Experience sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing professional and management level candidates.
* Expertise with EEO/AA and employee relations beneficial.
* Preference given to candidates with experience in assisting new employees with work authorization and other immigration matters.
* Preference given to candidates with experience managing recruiters in diverse work environments (preferably in a life sciences environment).
* Background in managing an electronic-based candidate applicant tracking software.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitation and problem solving skills, relationship building, and confidentiality.
* Proficiency in applicant tracking software along with a general knowledge of HRIS systems.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!