Reporting to the President & CEO, the SVP of Human Resources (SVPHR) will provide leadership around developing and executing HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, diversity and inclusion, and compensation. The SVPHR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders, and Board of Directors.
The SVPHR will establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and promote the company’s mission and strategic vision, developing HR plans and stratagems to support the achievement of overall business objectives. Working with the executive management team, the SVPHR will craft a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the objectives of the organization, and will function as a strategic advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues. In addition, the SVPHR will:
* Provide strong and effective leadership as the principal architect regarding HR strategy, practices, and processes. Develop and implement HR strategies, approaches, and policies, and make recommendations to ensure that the HR programs continue to be aligned with the overall business strategy. Leverage current HR technologies to deliver efficiencies within the HR function and throughout the organization.
* Manage all human capital related activities for the organization, and serve as a strategic business partner to the President & CEO and senior leadership team. Enhance and develop talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, leadership and development, succession planning, total rewards, and diversity and inclusion programs. Offer leadership, professional, and career development and guidance to the members of the HR team to continue building a world-class HR function.
* Develop and oversee human resources programs that contribute to the acquisition, engagement, development, and retention of high performance/high potential employees throughout the organization. Establish creative models for attracting diverse talent across all business lines, including social media presence and employer branding initiatives.
* With an increased focus on talent management, play a key role in improving performance around hiring, motivating, and rewarding top performers. Build the human capital of the organization through performance management, training and development, and career path planning that prepare individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Partner with managers to develop a strategy for succession planning and development of high potential leaders. Design comprehensive recruiting/retention plans to meet the human capital needs and strategic goals of the organization.
* Partner with senior leadership to enhance a positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees across the organization. Analyze employee survey results and lead initiatives in employee engagement in support of the goal to become recognized as an employer of choice.
* Establish organizational performance management programs that align with the key initiative of viewing human capital as a strategic asset. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives and use metrics to measure performance. Provide coaching and development discussions to educate the management team in all business groups.
* Design training and development programs for the entire organization that support the key initiative to evolve from a “service culture” to a “sales and service” culture, with an emphasis on cross-selling, collaboration, and job/team-specific training, including digital technology.
* Be the HR change agent, strengthening the company and its culture by directing organization-wide programs deemed critical to improving business processes and execution.
* Develop and lead a best in class total rewards initiative/team that supports the strategic direction of the organization and provides leadership of all aspects of compensation, benefits, and HR systems. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs for employees to ensure they drive employee performance. Partner closely with the Compensation Committee to develop and redesign competitive programs across the organization.
* As a member of the senior management leadership team, consult and advise on professional and leadership development. Fully engage with select committees and present to the Board of Directors on key initiatives for the human resources function.
* Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources management, with an MBA, MA, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HR. High integrity, creative leader with experience in all aspects of HR management and a track record of superior leadership and management. Broad knowledge of all HR functional areas, including technology.
* Proven experience as a trusted advisor to senior leadership and all levels across the organization. Strong business acumen and experience aligning HR best practices with overall business objectives.
* Exceptional skills in succession planning, talent management/acquisition, change management, organizational/performance management, training and development, diversity and inclusion, and total rewards.
* Respect for the talent and unique contribution of every individual, culture, and ethnic group, treating all people in a fair and equitable manner.
* Passion for managing and influencing change with consultative and collaborative interactions, with a mindful approach to employee engagement and creating a “great place to work”.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!