Our clients seek a qualified Staffing Manager to ensure projects are properly staffed to meet client needs, and staff experience an ideal mix of projects during their tenure.
Manage Staffing Process
* Serve as point of contact for Management Committee (MC) on new projects and ideal team composition.
* Allocate consultants to new projects based on project requirements, availability, skill set, professional development, intensity, interest, and MC rotation.
* Assist in moving project through internal intranet set up process.
* Verbally communicate assignment and rationale to consultants.
* If project faces staffing challenges (unexpected leaves, underperforming staff) work with MC and Manager to design creative staffing solution(s).
* Communicate project start and end dates to administrative team members.
Performance Management/Staff Relations
* Check in regularly with teams during project lifecycle to ensure project is tracking on schedule and team is performing as expected.
* Ensure timely and accurate project review submission into review system.
* Conduct project retrospectives with consulting staff.
* Escalate performance issues to HR.
* Meet regularly with all staff to discuss project experiences to date, desired professional development opportunities, and feedback on the staffing process.
* Work with IT to manage and scale system to historically track projects.
* Work with HR to report regularly on staffing trends to inform recruiting process.
* Produce, review, and ensure accuracy of bi-annual performance review summaries for HR.
* Using data pulled from project reviews, recommend thematic professional development areas to HR and the Training Committee.
* Prepare weekly report for MC on active projects, funnel, backlog (if applicable), and actual/forecasted revenues.
* Prepare periodic hours (burn) and other reports/analyses as needed.
* Assist in leading weekly staffing discussion at MC meeting.
* Lead staffing training module with new hires.
* Make improvements to existing reports and recommend any new reports/analyses.
* Explore new technology solutions to improve staffing process and/or reporting.
* 5 or more years of experience in staffing or a related function within a consulting or professional services firm.
* BA/BS degree.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and execution skills.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* High proficiency in HR or staffing systems, including report building (Replicon).
* Ability to manage and communicate status of multiple priorities.
* Proven experience bringing process improvement to a function or role.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels and all functions of the company.
* Project management experience.
* Demonstrated commitment to integrity, confidentiality, and team.
* Full-time role with potential for evening or weekend work depending on client need.
* Minimal travel to NYC or San Francisco offices required (1-2 times per year).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.