Our client is seeking a Senior Learning Specialist (SLS) who understands that all divisions of the company work together for one common purpose: to deliver a consistent and distinctive experience to all customers. All employees must have knowledge of the company’s digital banking services and be able to use, understand, and describe these services. The SLS will independently affect, interpret, and implement management policies and operating practices by providing consultation and expert advice to management concerning their assessment of employees, as well as deliver training programs to prepare employees to effectively perform their jobs.
* Provide an outstanding customer experience to internal and external customers.
* Embrace new and emerging technologies to support operations and customers through flexibility and the ability to learn and adapt to change.
* Develop strong consulting relationships and advise assigned business management partners to understand business needs for sales, service, product knowledge, leadership, and operational and professional development.
* Conduct needs assessments, and provide recommendations for learning and development programs in sales, service, product knowledge, and operational, leadership, and professional development programs and interventions.
* Design and deliver customized leadership and organization development solutions.
* Assist with the design, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and strategies tailored to meet organizational needs and program goals.
* Conduct needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
* Educate staff around any system or conversion changes.
* Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into program plans and training initiatives.
* Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously; demonstrate initiative and strong time management skills and techniques.
* Assist in the development of management and leadership development programs.
* Contribute to and participate in curriculum development and piloting of new training programs.
* Provide coaching, developmental support, and guidance to new employees, acting as a resource as needed.
* Ensure effective adult learning environments for all programs by taking the appropriate measures and actions.
* Provide in-depth training support functions in response to identified needs, including registration, materials, and classroom logistics and scheduling.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge on company products, services, and business strategies in order to support and train staff appropriately.
* Coordinate activities and programs to support cross functional business line activities and learning.
* Facilitate the use of online learning to support workshops or alternative learning methods.
* Develop intranet resources and communications to facilitate self-directed learning and best practices.
* Create and establish tools to measure learning and outcomes.
* Develop strong synergistic relationships with other departments in order to effectively align with and achieve organizational priorities and initiatives.
* Function as administrative point of contact for coordinating outside vendor use, tracking attendance/participation in required training/developmental learning endeavors, and overseeing use of training room and related supplies.
* Assist in the research, development, review, and update of training materials, manuals, and audio/visual tools.
* Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values and leadership practices.
* Demonstrate compliance with banking business laws and regulations as defined in company policies and procedures.
* Bachelor’s or equivalent preferred from a general business or communications field.
* A minimum of five to seven years of related training experience in a retail or customer focused, service business, with specific training experience in banking.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
* Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
* Ability to prepare clear and concise written communications using sound grammar/punctuation, sentence structure, and style.
* Ability to verbally communicate effectively in small and mid-size group situations as a participant and as a trainer (bilingual skills a plus).
* Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with the company’s digital technology offering.
* Proficient with mobile smart phones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email, and application management.
* Proficient utilizing desktop applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and popular email clients.
* Proficient utilizing the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search and locate information.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.