The Senior Human Resources Manager partners with the Senior Director of Human Resources as it relates to the development, implementation, and improvement of the HR strategy and services to the firm. This role will directly oversee all benefit related programs, compliance, and the HRIS system.
- * Partner with the Senior Director of Human Resources to implement and support firm policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance, employee retention, and the highest degree of professional support to firm employees and leadership possible.
- * Manage firm health & welfare benefit plans, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, and all other benefits offered by the firm. Inform and educate employees of benefits through communications, trainings, and/or in-person meetings.
- * Responsible for all HR-related compliance changes for federal, state, and local legal requirements, advising on actions and implementing necessary policy and/or procedure changes.
- * Ensure all benefit-related record keeping is up to date and compliant.
- * Manage all benefit programs and offer recommended changes and additional programs by staying on top of industry trends. Provide cost analysis for recommended changes and track benefit usage costs year over year for firm.
- * Manage all aspects of benefit renewal and open enrollment process.
- * Manage all benefit vendor relationships, particularly with the broker. Oversee all vendor contract renewals or amendments.
- * Manage all firm leave of absence programs, including parental, STD, LTD, and Workers Compensation.
- * Work closely with the Senior Director to administer the 401(k) plan. Manage the 401(k) audit process and participate in monthly team calls with vendor. Work with Finance Department regarding the administration of the profit-sharing portion of the plan.
- * Define any management and/or staff training needs related to compliance, benefits, 401(k), and coordinate internal training and/or the facilitation of outside training resources.
- * Work closely with Payroll Manager as it relates to processes/procedures to ensure proper information sharing between human resources and the payroll function. May be asked to review payroll prior to processing.
- * Collaborate with other department members on HR-related event planning (staff appreciation day, benefits fair, winter raffle). Oversee the benefit costs and forecasting in human resources department budget.
- * Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field with a minimum of 8 years of progressive HR experience in professional services.
- * Extensive experience managing and administering existing and new health & welfare programs.
- * Ability to counsel attorneys, staff, and management, demonstrating confidentiality, tact, and resourcefulness.
- * A strong presence that instills confidence and understanding of key topics related to all areas of Human Resources.
- * The interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships and drive consensus. Evidenced ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, attorneys, and staff.
- * Strong organizational and project management abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- * Ability to work both independently and with a team. Expert technical skills with all MS Office Suite products, especially Excel. Proven ability to analyze and report on data.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.