The HRBP is responsible for the overall management of the HR processes and practices within an assigned group, providing counsel on procedure and policy interpretation, talent and performance management, retention strategies, employee relations issues, and Federal, state, and local employment laws. Responsibilities include developing trusted partnerships between the business and HR to deliver best practices and providing value added service to management and employees in support of business objectives. The HRBP will focus on employee relations and organization development, as well as consult management on HR related issues and manage HR initiatives.
* Develop a strong partnership with the management team, understand their people needs, and propose innovative HR solutions aligned with HR strategies.
* Support up to 300 employees in an office and operations/plant environment.
* Ensure HR is providing customer-oriented service to the business, including talent management and organizational effectiveness.
* Partner with Corporate HR teams to deploy OD and compensation programs.
* Manage programs, policies, and procedures to support the organizational culture.
* Foster a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture through education, communication, and initiatives.
* Communicate and apply policy and procedures across organization, and recommends changes to support business needs.
* Conduct investigations of workplace policy violations and mediate difficult employee relations issues.
* Manage and resolve employee relations issues, leveraging in-depth knowledge of US employment laws related to day-to-day management of employees.
* Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
* Collaborate with other HR team members, manage projects, and provide direction on HR-related programs and practices.
* Analyze trends and use metrics to propose and develop solutions, programs. and best practices.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
* 10 to 15 years of related HR experience.
* Experience working in a union environment a plus.
* Demonstrated understanding of effective HR management and support of a business, including strong consultative, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills, as well as strong time management and organization skills.
* Demonstrated stakeholder management skills coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
* Ability to provide credible HR guidance to and influence management at all levels.
* Demonstrated business acumen and a working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines.
* Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to diagnose root causes.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!