The ideal candidate for the Senior HR Partner–Benefits/Benefits Analyst/Team Lead possesses a deep knowledge of employee benefit programs (H&W and retirement) and strong technical ability to perform all operational and transactional duties required to design, implement, and administer employee benefit plans. This includes benefits administration, data and analytics, resolving insurance/claims issues, reporting and reconciling escalated problems, preparing communications and presenting materials (written and oral presentations), and ensuring plan compliance and proper implementation of local, state, and federal benefit statutes.
The expectation at this level is that the ideal candidate will exercise more independent thinking and be able to complete projects with little guidance. The ideal candidate also provides excellent customer service and educates employees and retirees on benefits plans. This position serves as a technical point of contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
* Perform all transactional and tactical duties in relation to administering active and retiree medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, and retirement (qualified & non-qualified) benefits. This may include data entry into a variety of systems.
* Support resolution of employee and retiree benefit issues and identify trends by working with peers, employees, retirees, and carriers. Reports any issues, status, and trends to the Assistant Director, Benefits.
* Document and maintain technical specifications and plan requirements related to benefits system administration. Work with HRIS, IS, and vendors to ensure the system is set up properly to administer plans appropriately and in accordance with plan documents and regulations.
* Identify and recommend improvements to processes, documents, standard operating procedures, communications, and guidelines that result in increased efficiency and present opportunities to the Assistant Director, Benefits. This may include creating or revising materials used by employees, retirees, and/or staff (i.e. retirement timeline, benefits upon termination, benefits while on LOA, benefit plan documents, SPD’s, brochures, etc.).
* With direction and guidance, recommend and lead (as directed) benefits system and data requirements to ensure automation, data integrity, and ongoing enhancements for benefits program and cost changes.
* Analyze utilization, industry-wide benefit surveys, and financial/payroll data related to H&W and retirement benefit programs. Identify trends, develop benefits-related dashboard, and provide specific recommendations for review to the Assistant Director, Benefits.
* Assist with and lead (as directed) annual benefits activities and projects such as open enrollment, annual audits, compliance testing, annual compliance filings, benefit and retirement fairs, Employee Appreciation Celebration, and other HR projects and/or events.
* Contribute to a positive, collaborative team environment in the HR Department, and develop strong working relationships with external and internal constituents such as employees, vendors, carriers, Payroll/Finance, HRIS, and other departments.
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Work from time to time may involve other disciplines within the HR team to move projects, deadlines, and compliance efforts forward.
* BS/BA degree with 7+ years of related experience. CEBS or CBP certification highly desired.
* Excellent knowledge of principles and practices associated with administering and managing employee benefit programs, project management, and metrics reporting.
* Practical experience administering benefit plans across all product lines, including self-insured health plans, pension plans, and defined contribution retirement plans.
* Knowledge of federal and state benefit laws and regulations, including ACA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, Section 125, and ERISA, and their effect on employer sponsored benefit programs.
* Strong organizational skills, demonstrated project management capability, and a focus on delivering quality customer service.
* Well developed and reliable decision-making, polished oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a close team. Excellent attention to detail and proven analytical ability.
* Creative, innovative thinker with experience in process improvement and building efficiencies to address downstream impact.
* Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.