In this senior HR generalist role, the Senior Director will build strong relationships with the G&A client community to anticipate and support their business needs in the areas of leadership effectiveness, change management, organizational design, performance management, employee relations, and talent management. In close partnership and collaboration with resident HR subject matter experts, the Senior Director will develop and facilitate the implementation of human capital strategies and actions required to achieve business results. As an individual contributor, the Senior Director will support several members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and an internal client group of approximately 220 employees.
* Deliver client-level results with integrity.
* Share relevant information with clients to educate and inform, providing learning opportunities as appropriate.
* Build trusting relationships across stakeholder community and with HR colleagues.
* Demonstrate willingness to take appropriate risks, provide candid observations, and influence decision-making.
* Deliver human capital solutions that are consistent with corporate, legal, and ethical requirements and guidelines.
* Recognize, articulate, and help shape company culture.
* Facilitate the adoption of the company’s core values and work culture.
* Ensure that client-level culture is aligned with the company’s broader corporate culture.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values and work culture.
* Help client community to personalize company core values and work culture.
Talent Manager/Organizational Designer
* In collaboration with resident HR subject matter experts, facilitate comprehensive talent management strategies and operational plans for assigned client community.
* Influence client-level organizational “shaping” efforts.
* Foster proactive and thoughtful relevant communication across client and HR communities.
* Gain a keen understanding of the business model and client challenges and opportunities.
* Provide insight to organizational strategies that enable achievement of business objectives.
* Engage client community as a trusted business partner and leverage resident HR expertise to deploy HR solutions that address client needs.
* Influence appropriate changes to help clients sustain strategic agility.
* Establish compelling “value proposition” to internal client community.
* Proactively help client community identify organizational success factors.
* Deploy business-relevant and measurable human capital solutions.
* Leverage appropriate business technologies.
* Educate client community on HR contemporary trends and, where appropriate, influence adoption of competitive practices in collaboration with resident HR subject matter experts.
* Administer client-level and enterprise-wide HR programs and services.
* Facilitate client-level adoption of HR technologies.
* Facilitate client-level compliance of corporate policies and procedures.
* Masters in relevant discipline or Bachelor degree with SPHR certification preferred.
* 10+ years of experience in the Life Sciences industry, preferably with a mix of biotech and small to mid-size pharma.
* Previous experience supporting integrated businesses (Commercial, R&D and G&A) with a specific focus on G&A.
* Demonstrated track record of performance and career progression.
* Previous experience operating in a parent-subsidiary operating environment a plus.
* The ability to work independently in a high-growth Life Sciences environment.
* Strong customer focus with excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Demonstration of high quality reasoning and problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and written and oral communication skills to drive a high volume, fast paced human resource function for the internal client group.
* The ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
* The ability to multi-task, provide good judgment, take initiative, and make sound decisions to proactively identify and resolve issues.
* Demonstrated competencies in analytics, program development, contract negotiations, and vendor management.
* Strong business acumen and influencing skills.
* The ability to travel 10% domestically.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.