Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Senior Associate/HR Manager (SA/HRM) will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the HR function. In this customer-focused role, the SA/HRM will support all levels of employees and drive a variety of key HR functions, including benefits administration, recruiting support and onboarding, employee relations, HRIS, internal communications, and performance management.
- * Act as the primary point of contact for employees regarding benefit-related issues.
- * Administer and communicate the Company’s benefits program plan options, features, and enrollment requirements. Provide proactive coaching to employees for all benefits programs.
- * Review enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinate with third-party administrators.
- * Ensure compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and documents as required.
- * Coordinate health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- * Participate in benefits administration, including claims resolution, approval of invoices for payment, distribution of annual employee notices, and assisting with benefits reporting requirements.
- * Prepare materials and communications in support of annual open enrollment activity.
- * Ensure that terminating employees are removed from appropriate benefit systems in a timely and efficient manner.
- * Survey market data to determine the Company’s competitive position in employee benefits.
- * Be prepared to assist in the planning, development, and redesigning of benefits programs and analysis of benefits costs.
- * Coordinate wellness and health education activities with benefits broker.
- * Ensure compliance with federal and Massachusetts laws.
- * Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels.
- * Assist in hiring process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks.
- * Schedule and manage logistics of onsite interviews.
- * Recommend offer amounts and extend verbal and written offers.
- * Partner with TA for on-boarding process for new hires as well as temps, consultants, and interns.
- * Create orientation schedule, send new hire welcome emails, and manage background checks.
- * Conduct new hire orientations.
- * Prepare new hire paperwork, including I-9 forms, and ensure that employees sign and understand all new hire documents.
- * Provide answers to routine questions and escalate questions and concerns as needed.
- * Maintain electronic and paper employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- * Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- * Process employee action forms and ensure proper approvals.
- * Assist in the exit interview process.
- * Maintain the Company’s organization charts.
- * Maintain the employee handbook with updated information as needed.
- * Respond to all requests for employment verifications.
- * Take responsibility for legal compliance, including posters.
- * Maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records and compile reports as needed.
- * Run reports and complete EEO-1 annually.
- * Maintain HR data structures within the HRIS.
- * Create reports, slides, and charts as part of HR analytics.
- * Ensure adherence to HRIS governance and compliance practices (run EEO, Affirmative Action reports, etc.).
- * Lead continuous improvement efforts to drive the use of technology, self-service tools, and process efficiency both within HR and cross-functionally.
- * Support year-end process, including performance appraisal, merit, bonus, and equity.
- * Ensure all necessary compensation changes are captured and entered into the HRIS.
- * Participate in Radford salary surveys.
- * Partner closely with Payroll and potentially act as a back-up if needed.
- * Bachelor’s degree required. SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) is a plus.
- * 3+ years of HR generalist experience, preferably in the life sciences industry. Experience must include benefits administration. Should be well versed with federal and Massachusetts leave laws.
- * Extensive knowledge of business software with proficiency with Mac OS preferred. Specific working proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required.
- * People-oriented self-starter with a pioneering spirit, good ethics, intelligence, and high energy.
- * High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- * Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- * Proven relationship-building and problem-solving skills to provide internal customers with value-added support.
- * Strong thinker with good judgment and assertiveness to voice continuous improvement ideas.
- * Self-disciplined with a high sense of urgency to be a collaborative business partner.
- * Continuous learner of business and new methodologies/practices to accomplish goals.
- * Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.
If you are interested in this role then please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.