Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Senior Director will act as a strategic advisor and business partner to the executive/management teams to enhance and develop talent acquisition strategies that strengthen the organization’s position as an employer of choice. The Senior Director will lead and manage a seven-person team to attract, develop, and maintain the organization’s talent, and will translate business needs into talent acquisition solutions to fulfill talent acquisition requisitions. The Senior Director will identify talent acquisition opportunities and risks to the organization based on knowledge of organizational capability and internal and external environments.
* Provide strategic leadership and expertise for talent acquisition solutions activities such as employment branding, candidate experience, employee referral program, corporate leadership rotation program, job fairs, and university relations.
* Create programs around brand development and drive focused efforts on diversity and inclusion recruitment by establishing external relationships and related programs.
* Leverage social networking and other cutting-edge recruiting technologies and tools to connect with a broad and diverse talent network.
* Lead and manage the workforce planning process.
* Partner with executive search firms and recruitment vendors to lead, manage, and assess progress. Oversee the Contingent Worker Program in partnership with on-site vendor.
* Develop and implement metrics on recruiting and retention, including cost-per-hire, applicant flow, hiring manager, and new employee satisfaction.
* Ongoing evaluation of existing hiring systems and processes to be assessed and evolved as appropriate.
* Recruit talented executive and senior leaders into the organization by developing a network and effective outreach and partnerships.
* Achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal, and operational rules and procedures by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of the organization are carried out with the best industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
* Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s degree preferred.
* 10 to 12 years of experience in internal corporate recruitment or talent acquisition.
* 5 to 7 years of leadership/management experience managing a high-volume team.
* Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience preferred.
* Workday Recruiting experience preferred.
* Expertise in effectively managing full life-cycle recruitment, including thorough pre-qualification screening, creative sourcing strategies, interviewing, negotiating, and closing candidates across multiple levels and disciplines.
* Must have experience and a record of proven success in working as part of a business leadership team to achieve positive business outcomes in human capital and talent acquisition.
* Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills to initiate and develop productive working partnerships with all levels of management/leadership and staff, along with effective vendor management experience.
* Ability to think strategically and analytically about related HR functions, including impact on business, long-term ramifications, etc.
* Project management skills, including the ability to define scope, program, process, or project objectives, identify business needs, stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, and provide authoritative advice on coordinating and allocating human, technological, and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful and timely manner.
* Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.