Our client is seeking a qualified Instructional Designer (ID) to design, develop, and implement innovative and engaging e-learning solutions, working in partnership with enterprise Talent Development team members, technical trainers, business leaders, and subject matter experts. The ID will analyze business and performance needs, lead projects and/or serve on matrixed teams focused on content and curriculum development, and conduct quality assurance testing on all online training resources.
Additional ID responsibilities include:
* Design, build, and implement instructional materials and courseware for a broad range of modalities, including web based, live classroom and virtual events, and social networking platforms.
* Provide analytical support for the design and development of training curricula, learning strategies and educational policies, courseware, and design standards.
* Lead or serve as team member on projects to assess learning needs. Design and develop innovative and engaging instructional content and/or manage relationships with external instructional design vendors.
* Conduct quality assurance testing on all on-line training resources.
* Assist with functional training: Claim, Operations, IT, Finance. On a project basis, work to modernize/standardize existing content to leverage blended approach.
* Guide functional trainers in the use of instructional design standards, blended learning techniques, and to develop core skills, including storyboarding and e-learning design and development.
* Lead or serve as a team member on enterprise-wide learning projects, including Project One Initiatives (Customer Service, Call Center), New Hire on-boarding/orientation, Compliance Issues, Information Security, and Leadership Development programs.
Requirements for this position include:
* Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience designing, developing, and implementing interactive e-learning programs/courseware. Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or Education preferred.
* At least 4 years of instructional design experience, including the ability to consult effectively with internal business clients to develop measurable, action oriented learning objectives and then design, develop, and implement instructional sound training materials and courseware.
* Strong skills in Captivate, Articulate, and/or Flash (and/or equivalent e-learning tools) required, particularly for the use in development of instructional content.
* Proven experience with building storyboards, scripts, role-plays, scenarios, and knowledge checks.
* Solid knowledge of Integrated Talent Management systems and Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS), including rapid development as well as publishing and distributing e-learning courses and assessments.
* Strong consulting and team skills with a demonstrated ability to scope and address customer and stakeholder needs.
* Knowledge of adult learning theory, and instructional and graphic design principles and practices.
* Any experience leveraging the latest in interactive and learning technologies to engage and enhance learning, including e-learning tools (MS Office, Articulate, Authoring tools, webinar tools), interactive development tools (Adobe CS – Photoshop, Director, Premiere), mobile/video creation and editing, and collaboration platforms (portals, LMS, blogs, wikis, etc.) is a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!