Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Manager of Human Resources & Support Services will be responsible for providing comprehensive and proactive HR management support for the company. This individual will have direct management responsibility for all aspects of support services, including allocation, utilization, and overall performance of administrative and centralized support services staff. The Manager will also have day-to-day operational responsibility for a broad spectrum of HR issues including employee relations, training and development, recruitment, and HR process.
* Manage and direct all aspects of administrative and centralized support services staff.
* Analyze and recommend appropriate staffing models to ensure the highest level of service in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible.
* Oversee and partner with administrative leads to ensure an even distribution of workflow.
* Provide employee relations counsel to management and employees. Facilitate problem resolution, offer performance improvement counsel, and implement performance improvement plans.
* Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the company.
* Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer in aligning HR strategy with overall business strategy.
* Manage and conduct the annual performance evaluation process for all support services staff.
* Recommend changes to staff compensation based on performance levels and sound market data.
* Prepare responses to various salary surveys.
* Plan, implement, and administer an effective staffing and recruiting program. Counsel management on candidate selection.
* Prepare and analyze headcount and overtime reports.
* Analyze training needs and develop and implement training plans to meet company needs.
* Analyze HR operations and recommend improvements in systems and processes.
* Update and maintain employee guidelines to reflect changing policies and applicable employment
* Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Human Resources federal and state requirements.
* File, audit, maintain, and retain records in accordance with federal and state regulatory requirements, including EEO and OSHA reporting and record keeping.
* Participate in special projects on an as needed basis.
* Use leadership skills to establish effective working relationships, encourage teamwork, and build consensus in order to meet or exceed project standards and company objectives.
* Maintain active lines of communication within and between departments to share knowledge and support collaborative efforts, organizational change, and goal achievement.
* Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments and utilize innovative thinking, creativity, and sound decision-making to ensure the highest level of achievement, productivity, and work satisfaction.
* Manage change occurring within the company and collaborate with other members of management to ensure organizational change is effective, efficient, and aligned with the company’s strategic goals.
* Bachelor’s degree with PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
* 6 to 8 years of Human Resources Generalist experience (with a minimum of 5 years at the management level) and prior management of support staff.
* Strong knowledge of legal issues in the workplace.
* Working knowledge of compensation, training, and performance management preferred.
* Proven ability to partner with departmental managers/supervisors and senior management.
* Demonstrated ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines while working independently.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills.
* Professional demeanor and presentation consistent with a professional office environment.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!