The Manager of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS is a member of the Human Resources team consisting of six HR professionals responsible for all aspects of recruiting, employee relations, organizational development, training and leadership development, compensation, benefits, and management reporting for domestic and international locations. The Manager of Compensation, Benefits & HRIS will be responsible for conceptual direction and tactical management of benefit programs and all HR systems and related management reporting. This role will also be responsible for making programmatic recommendations and for the management and execution of compensation programs. Specifically, essential functions of this position will include, but are not limited to:
1. Recommend and implement compensation program enhancements within context of culture and strategic vision for HR programs.
2. Manage existing compensation programs and structures, including annual salary and bonus cycles, job classification structures, and compensation philosophy.
3. Monitor market trends and conduct industry benchmarking. Manage and analyze compensation surveys, including managing participation (job matches, data entry, etc.), analyzing results, and forming and presenting recommendations.
4. Administer and provide support to the Compensation Committee and managers during annual salary and bonus cycle:
a) Recommend and manage support materials for Compensation Committee review.
b) Develop process for tracking of related decisions, policies, and action items.
c) Manage follow-through on action items.
d) Recommend and manage cycle timelines on behalf of HR and key stakeholders such as Compensation Committee and management.
e) Make and present recommendations for salary and bonus cycle guidelines for managers with a view to employee total compensation.
f) Design, update, and maintain manager recommendation spreadsheets throughout the process.
g) Draft and recommend talking points for managers for employee salary and bonus conversations.
5. Provide support to the Compensation Committee throughout the year:
a) Recommend and manage meeting topics and materials.
b) Track action items and agreements, manage follow-through.
6. Think critically about existing compensation workflows and processes and make recommendations to streamline and enhance workflows while meeting needs of HR, leadership, and Compensation Committee.
7. Review, enhance, and consistently refresh all compensation procedures and documentation from both an HR and Compensation Committee standpoint.
8. Propose enhancements and streamline existing compensation-related documentation and systems (Excel spreadsheets and HRIS reports), including spreadsheets for HR and managers for annual cycles and on-going requirements of compensation work throughout the year.
9. Provide centralized compensation support to the HR team (offer benchmarking spreadsheets, consults on offer packages, etc.).
10. Manage overtime reports and ensure compliance with the FLSA and other federal, state, and local regulations.
11. Monitor and analyze external and internal environment to assess market trends, best practices, and proactively assess strategy implications.
12. Review comprehensive market data (formal and informal) on a regular basis to determine if structures are externally competitive. Recommend movement in structure, if appropriate.
13. Strike right balance of company approach with industry trends/market data.
14. Manage the accurate entry of annual compensation data into HRIS.
15. Assist with compensation projects and consult with managers and HR colleagues on compensation matters as needed.
HR Systems and Reporting (35%)
1. Manage, own, and serve as subject matter expert on all HR Systems, reports, and reporting processes (HRIS, Taleo, compensation spreadsheets, Send Word Now, Excel reports).
2. With a focus on continuous improvement, leverage HRIS to create efficiencies within HR and related business processes, and consider and recommend long and short-term HRIS strategies.
3. Manage, own, and implement continuous improvement on all existing management reports (hiring budget, turnover and hiring reports, recruiting activity reports, etc.). Manage process and gathers input from HR team members where appropriate (recruiting report, budget, etc.) and design best practices for review and controls, depending on materiality thresholds.
4. Streamline existing management reports while balancing materiality thresholds. Think creatively about alternative solutions and methods to automate reporting to limit risk, and consider appropriate levels of integration of various reports and data across different reports.
5. Manage both strategic and tactical work on all systems-related projects, currently including HRIS upgrade, HRIS enhancements, and new system implementation.
6. Manage and respond to ad hoc reporting requests, tracking these requests and making proposals for long-term impacts to HR reporting packages as appropriate.
7. Review reports and data from other departments that are closely integrated with HR data to identify efficiencies and streamline related processes.
8. Production and/or detailed review of all HR reports.
9. Train and provide guidance to HR team on reporting best practices as needed. 10. Manage HR Associate on HR systems and reporting functions.
1. Manage all existing domestic and international benefit programs.
2. Recommend conceptual vision for benefits and write whitepaper proposals/recommendations for new benefits and changes to existing plans, including comprehensive analyses based on competitive trends, business needs, and company culture.
3. Serve as an escalation resource for employees and Benefits Associate on all employee benefit issues, including plan and policy interpretation, answering employee questions, and ensuring accuracy of records.
4. Review and provide guidance to Benefits Associate and internal partners on existing benefit plans and business processes with a focus on continuous improvement.
5. Manage benefits brokers and external service providers by building strong relationships and overseeing vendor performance.
6. Collaborate with accounting, tax, and other internal partners in planning and communicating updates and changes to plans and programs.
7. Ensure plans are administered according to plan provision and in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, including IRS, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, etc.
8. Manage and conduct detailed review of compliance audits on all benefits programs to ensure reporting, disclosure, testing, and other regulatory requirements are being filed timely and accurately.
9. Manage Benefits Associate.
The ideal candidate for the role should possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
1. Approximately 7 to 10 years of HR experience with a focus on benefits, compensation, and HR systems and reporting.
2. Experience with international benefits and compensation preferred.
3. Experience with HR data management and system implementation, maintenance, and enhancements with exposure to manager/employee self-service, compensation, recruiting, and learning modules preferred.
4. Strong knowledge of applicable benefit regulations (ERISA, IRS, etc.).
5. Proven successful supervisory experience required.
6. Strong conceptual thinker who can recommend vision/mission for functional areas coupled with an execution-oriented and tactical thinker who can work in the details with comfort level and desire to maintain a hands-on approach.
7. Sharp quantitative, analytical mindset, comfortable using outstanding Excel skills to manage data, and a numbers/detail-oriented approach.
8. Demonstrated track record of ability to present technical HR information to leadership in clear, compelling terms.
9. Strong leadership presence and relationship building skills required with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization (including executive leadership).
10. Must thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced environment with the ability to oversee and conduct several initiatives, functions, and projects in parallel.
11. Demonstrated orientation to continuous improvement, critical thinking, and initiative in areas of responsibility.
12. Ability to handle extremely confidential information.
13. Exceptional Excel and project management skills required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!