The Manager of Compensation and Benefits is responsible for managing the design, administration, analysis, and compliance of all benefit and compensation programs. This position reports to the Director of Total Rewards and supervises the Compensation and Benefits Analyst and the Compensation and Benefits Administrator. Responsibilities include:
* Manage broad-based compensation programs, including job evaluation, market pricing, salary survey response, benchmarking, compensation systems, and role description development.
* Manage grades, salary ranges, and other structured pay systems ensuring external market competitiveness.
* Manage company compensation and rewards programs to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations, including FLSA, EEO, ADA, etc.
* Responsible for reviewing and approving jobs and job offers to ensure internal and external equity.
* Collaborate with management on diverse compensation issues, including resolution of pay issues, interpretation of compensation policies, and communication of regulations.
* Responsible for managing accuracy of salary planning budget and monitoring budget vs. actual salary expense.
* Monitor and analyze external and internal environment to assess market trends, best practices, and proactively assess strategy implications.
* Manage existing benefit programs, making recommendations for modifications based on competitive trends, business needs, and cost.
* Manage and provide technical expertise and administration for defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, including plan compliance activities.
* Review and provide guidance to staff on existing benefit plans and business process with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Develop communication materials to support employee understanding and engagement in benefits programs.
* Manage external service providers by building strong relationships and overseeing vendor performance.
* Assess outsourcing opportunities and lead all aspects of the annual open enrollment process.
* Ensure plans are administered according to plan provision and in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations, including IRS, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FLSA, etc.
* Manage internal reporting and metrics of plans, including monitoring of the self-funded claims experience, FSA forfeitures, and benefit plan expenditures to identify trends and make recommendations to minimize plan and budget risks.
* Collaborate with finance, legal, and other internal customer groups in planning and communicating updates and changes to plans and programs.
* Serve as an escalation resource for employees on all employee benefit issues, including plan and policy interpretation, answering employee questions, and ensuring accuracy of records.
* Manage and conduct compliance audits on all benefits programs to ensure reporting, disclosure, testing, and other government requirements are being filed timely and accuracy.
* B.A./B.S. with a minimum of 8-10 years of benefits and compensation experience. Must have previously managed people.
* Technical expertise in benefits, compensation, and wellness program plan designs and strategy (benefits and compensation certifications desirable).
* Broad knowledge of benefits and compensation administration and related laws and regulations, including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, COBRA, EEO, and FLSA.
* Strong project and people management skills.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* High level of confidentiality.
* Experience in a very high fast paced environment.
* MUST be a team player and team builder with superior skills as a collaborator across organizational functions.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!