The Manager, Leadership Development, reporting to the Director of Leadership Development, is primarily responsible for planning, creating, organizing, and facilitating supervisory and management level skills training sessions. The role may also include the development and delivery of a variety of related curriculum based on the needs of specific individuals and/or functional groups. Additional responsibilities include:
* Ensure health and safety is the number one goal by following policies and processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
* Conduct needs assessments and design and develop training curriculum and materials as needed to develop and enhance competencies of specific individuals and groups (leader guides, participant guides, PowerPoint, workshop activities, etc.).
* Prepare and deliver in-depth, skills-based, classroom-based, and virtual training sessions in corporate offices, regional offices, and other geographic locations as necessary.
* Manage participants, materials, travel, and site logistics prior to and after each training session.
* Ensure that required training modules for managers and supervisors are defined for each role, entered into Company’s LMS system, and all required management training modules are completed within specified time period.
* Follow up with participants and supervising managers post-session.
* Monitor, measure, and evaluate the effectiveness of training sessions and programs delivered.
* Keep training material up to date.
* Research and keep Company up to date on best practice training content and delivery techniques for managers, supervisors, and leaders, using outside resources, vendors, associations, etc.
* Manage vendor relationships as needed to ensure optimum performance and cost effectiveness.
* Maintain regular communication to ensure proper understanding of training programs, plans, and schedules.
* Foster and maintain professional, collaborative working relationships with HR colleagues as well as managers from a variety of functional areas.
* Generate and maintain high levels of positive energy and enthusiasm.
Requirements for the Manager, Leadership Development role include:
* BS/BA in a related field with MS/MA preferred.
* 3-5 years of HR experience facilitating multiple-day, in-depth content, managing direct reports, and facilitating management/leadership skills training sessions.
* Proven experience supporting leadership succession planning and with Human Capital Management applications (Cornerstone is a plus).
* In-depth knowledge of human resources functions.
* Understanding of how to determine core competencies and create competency maps.
* Ability to conduct needs assessments and curriculum design.
* Ability to develop and facilitate classroom-based as well as virtual training.
* Understanding of management and supervisory skills fundamentals.
* Understanding of principles of leadership development.
* Ability to work collaboratively with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
* Understanding of how to measure the effectiveness of training.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Understanding of MS PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and LiveMeeting.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to work with, communicate with, and influence all levels of management.
* High level of interpersonal skills and integrity.
* Flexible and able to handle and manage change.
* Ability to meet travel requirements of 25-30%.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!