The Manager, Human Resources will have two primary areas of focus. In an HR generalist and strategic business partner capacity, the Manager will be responsible for providing HR support to employees and managers in a variety of business units. In this role, the Manager will be a critical thought-partner and counselor to employees and managers in client groups. Additionally, in an HR specialist capacity, the Manager will have primary responsibility for recruiting practices, on-boarding and the new hire experience, performance management processes, and training and leadership development. The specific responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following:
Management & Leadership
* Manage, coach, and develop two HR professionals (Senior HR Associate and HR Assistant). Provide daily management to direct reports and the team, set expectations and priorities, delegate, provide real-time feedback, write annual performance reviews, etc.
HR Business Partner
* As the designated HR Business Partner for several business units, provide coaching and guidance on HR matters to managers and employees. Work with the HR Manager and Director to ensure the company can attract, retain, and develop exceptional employees, and that the company provides an exceptional employee experience.
* Provide HR and organizational development support, including recruiting, on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation matters, manager and employee coaching, conflict resolution, 90-day check-ins, exit interviews, organizational design and development, etc. Client groups subject to change, but currently are Information Technology, Administrative Services (with support from the Senior HR Associate), Investor Relations, Tax, and Corporate Communications.
* In this role, track and monitor themes, use good judgment to escalate issues in a timely fashion to peer HR Manager or HR Director, and make appropriate longer-term recommendations for organizational solutions (training, coaching, interventions, and organizational development work) as appropriate and to generally enhance the employee experience.
Recruiting & On-boarding
* Manage the recruiting process for client groups, recruit for managerial and senior staff Operations roles, and manage HR staff recruiting for staff-level roles.
* Thought leader on new hire orientation, deliver orientation as needed, and supervise other HR team members where necessary.
* Produce and serve as subject matter expert on candidate offer letters and packets, as well as new hire on-boarding process and paperwork.
* Manage the on-boarding process for new hires at the departmental level in their technical roles, provide direct support to hiring managers in developing a sound on-boarding plan, and supervise other HR team members where necessary.
* Manage contingent and retained search firm relationships as well as the “no poach” list.
* Recruit for and manage the on-boarding of consultants and interns, and serve as subject matter expert on best practices.
* Set and own best practices on recruiting/new hire data and reporting, including but not limited to monthly recruiting reports, use of candidate tracking system (Taleo), investment resume review process, resume responses, etc.
* Serve as the subject matter expert on the candidate tracking system, including recommended use of system to ensure accurate tracking and retrieval of all resumes, ownership for ensuring accurate system procedures are documented, altered, and shared with HR team, and accurate transfer of critical data to the HRIS.
* Manage headcount reporting and the headcount budgeting process.
* In partnership with the HR Director and HR Manager, ensure that performance management process, tools, and frameworks are appropriately evolving with the needs of the business, monitor feedback regarding the performance management process, and make recommendations as appropriate.
* Manage the annual performance review cycle (employee self-assessments, manager reviews, annual goal setting and development plans) and coach managers and employees throughout the process.
* Recommend, deliver, and organize formal performance management-related training.
* Manage discipline processes and performance management challenges, including terminations within client groups, and partner with HR colleagues and Director as appropriate.
Training & Communication Forums
* In partnership with HR Director, design, develop, and monitor success of existing manager training curriculum.
* As priorities and resourcing allows, consider developing employee training curriculum, such as career development training, to support employee engagement and development.
* Constantly monitor and assess training needs within the organization and recommend a comprehensive approach, and design and deliver training as needed based on organizational and HR trends and needs.
* Manage annual required training programs and partner with the business to support business unit-sponsored training, including vendor selection and management, curriculum design, employee and manager communications, training delivery, etc.
* Partner with and manage consultants to create customized training as needed, including training material development, delivery, evaluations, etc.
* Manage and provide new hire training, with emphasis on manager training and preservation of company culture.
* Manage all employee communication forums.
Employment Law & Policies
* Become intimately familiar with current employment regulations and subject matter expert for the HR team, keep HR team informed of pending and new regulations, and help ensure HR team as a whole is compliant.
* Conduct regular review of employee and consultant handbooks and policies to ensure compliance, while also supporting an exceptional employee experience.
* Make recommendations for enhancements to existing policies and overall HR program.
* Manage the company’s background checking programs.
The ideal candidate for the role should possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Approximately 8 to 12 years of HR experience.
* HR business partner/generalist experience with emphasis on recruiting, training and development, performance management, and employee relations.
* Experience in the asset management industry, including direct exposure to, partnership with, and support to senior members.
* Proven successful supervisory experience.
* Exceptional client service skills coupled with sound judgment on when and how to assert the presence of HR.
* Proven success resolving complex employee relations issues with effective mediation and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong conceptual and tactical thinker who can work in the details of a numbers-oriented, process-driven environment.
* Comfort with and desire to maintain a hands-on approach, coupled with the skill to quickly shift to conceptual thinking when appropriate.
* Strong leadership presence coupled with HR technical expertise, writing, and MS Excel skills.
* Must thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced environment with the ability to oversee and conduct several initiatives, functions, and projects in parallel.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!