The Manager, Executive Assistant Support (EAS) will manage a growing team of eight executive assistants while providing superior executive assistant support as needed (including covering for breaks and other short-term coverage needs as well as long term absences such as vacations and leaves of absence). The ideal candidate will enjoy challenging work in a dynamic environment and gain satisfaction from supporting others. As a working manager, the Manager, EAS will regularly rotate locations, constantly shadowing and/or covering for each executive assistant to gain specific knowledge of executive preferences and work styles, as well as each executive assistant’s skills (including expertise and skills gaps). Where skills gaps are identified, the Manager, EAS will work with management to determine the appropriate course of action to coach, train, and mentor as appropriate.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of each executive assistant’s typical day, procedures, strengths, development opportunities, and workload. Manage daily workflow and coverage gaps.
* Coordinate and balance workflow across the team, identifying development opportunities and process improvements.
* Act as point of contact for executives around workflow issues, support needs, training, and other development opportunities.
* Serve as a role model to the staff in both the technical and soft skills aspects of the role.
* Develop, maintain, and provide tools to staff, including procedures, guidelines, best practices, and menu of services.
* Collaborate effectively with executive assistant team as well as all colleagues throughout the organization.
* Demonstrate commitment to your own professional development, and actively seek to understand your own strengths and development opportunities.
* Accept feedback and take action for self-development to improve performance.
* Identify training opportunities to enhance staff skills, serve as a resource to identify and provide necessary training, and leverage other executive assistants who have expertise to provide cross-training as needed.
* Collaborate with management and team to ensure seamless coverage to executive and other internal clients.
* Operate efficiently in order to successfully achieve individual and team deliverables while proactively identifying methods to increase efficiencies and productivity.
* Draft and/or edit various documentation, including presentations, correspondences, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, and speeches.
* Maintain various company databases, contacts, and files.
* Handle confidential information with discretion.
* Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience directly supervising administrative and/or executive assistant staff.
* 10+ years of experience as an executive or administrative assistant to at least one senior level executive.
* Ability and desire to manage staff and be a hands-on individual contributor.
* Demonstrated ability to train and mentor administrative or executive assistants in a fast past, detail-oriented environment.
* Proven integrity and commitment, maintaining discretion at all times.
* Ability to exercise exemplary judgment and think critically with strong problem solving skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, thoroughness, attention to detail, and accuracy in work product.
* Ability to work both independently and effectively in a collaborative structure with all levels of the organization.
* Strong MS Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!