Our Boston-based client is a value-oriented investment management firm which manages private investment funds for endowments, charitable and philanthropic foundations, pension funds, and other institutional and private investors. The firm manages over $12B of net assets invested in public and private companies across a wide variety of industries and security types.
Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer (CTO), the HR Manager will lead the creation and delivery of value-added HR services in alignment with business and HR objectives. A key responsibility includes overseeing the design, development, and implementation of the firm’s benefits program, initiatives, and performance system. This new hire will work with senior executives on benefits, compensation, and performance related issues, engage and work with outside vendors and recruiters, and work with the CTO on related employee communications. S/he will maintain competitive and cost effective compensation and benefits data to enhance employee value proposition, reinforce talent acquisition, and engagement initiatives. Senior management will rely on this professional to identify what is best for the firm and its employees relating to HR related functions. The HR Manager will be actively engaged in the recruitment of new hires, both through initial interview screening and also as a liaison to external recruiting firms, and will ensure compliance for all HR policies and procedures.
Ideal candidates must have strong analytical skills, a comfort rolling up their sleeves, and a good instinct about people. Candidates must bring a fluency in Excel, strong attention to detail, the ability to build and adapt new compensation models, and a track record for operating with utmost discretion and maturity. Successful candidates will have a natural ability to adapt to changing circumstances, keep abreast of best practices and changing rules and regulations, and must possess a positive attitude and good sense of humor.
* Support the CTO in benefits, recruitment, compensation, and strategic initiatives as appropriate.
* Manage the daily administration of policies, procedures, and communications related to benefits and compensation.
* Manage annual benefits and compensation statements as well as communications to employees.
* Conduct analysis of benefits and compensation programs in order to evaluate internal parity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the organization’s practices.
* Manage the design, cost analysis, and compliance for all employee health and wellness benefits while staying abreast of regulatory requirements and changes.
* Ensure benefit plans meet all legal and regulatory guidelines.
* Lead employee communications and open enrollment processes.
* Liaise and manage external benefits vendor and explain all information to employees and related parties. Negotiate coverage services and costs with vendors.
* Manage year-end compensation reporting, including data preparation, and run related compensation analyses.
* Create and adapt compensation models to facilitate informed decision making.
* Provide support for generating analytics and materials for senior management.
* Generate and improve the efficiency of analytical reporting as it relates to compensation and benefits.
* Provide consultative services to executives regarding compensation decisions.
* Maintain compensation budget and complete all HR expense forecasting and analysis.
* Partner with Finance to source or generate necessary reporting, data, and analyses related to compensation and benefits costs.
* Ensure that all compensation related information and data tables are maintained on an on-going basis, as well as the maintenance of data integrity across all related systems.
* Manage the administration of the performance review process.
* Prepare job descriptions, conduct job evaluation and salary surveys, assess salary structures, develop salary budgets, and prepare policies and procedures to ensure equitable and competitive employee compensation.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* 6 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
* A track record of increasing responsibility for overseeing compensation and benefits in a financial services institution.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Comfort with the technical and operational aspects of benefits and compensation administration.
* Demonstrated strategic input and partnership with senior management in the daily performance of prior roles.
* An understanding of (or proven ability to quickly learn) federal and Massachusetts benefit and compensation regulations.
* Strong Interpersonal Skills – An astute listener with a natural consultative style. A good relationship builder. Someone who is sought out for their opinions and counsel.
* Superior Intellect – A combination of mental flexibility, creativity, conceptual ability, and judgment. Someone who deals effectively with both strategic and tactical issues.
* Strong Sense of Urgency – Someone who get things done in a very timely manner without constant reminders.
* Integrity – Someone who operates with high integrity, moral, and ethical behavior i.e. an individual who does the right thing when no one is looking. A high energy level, strong work ethic, and the ability to operate with discretion.
* Attention to Detail – Resilience and ability to multi-task. A relentless capacity for understanding and managing the important details while staying focused on the big picture.
* Results Oriented – A confident, mature individual who always drives for results. Decisive yet open-minded, highly motivated, proactive, and driven to help others reach better outcomes.
* Outstanding Communicator – An individual who possesses strong written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
* Operates with Discretion – Someone who is comfortable handling sensitive information with utmost discretion and maintaining the strictest confidence.
* Entrepreneurial and Team Oriented – A comfort rolling up sleeves, leading by example, and fostering a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
* Sense of Humor – The ability to not take themselves too seriously. An upbeat, positive personality.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.