Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager to assist HR leadership with various functions, including compliance with federal and state regulations, overseeing and maintaining the HRIS system, sourcing/interviewing applicants and coordinating the recruitment process, ensuring and effective and compliant new hire orientation process, administering benefit programs and employee LOAs, and providing assistance to employees and managers.
* Respond to employee and manager questions on policies and HR practices, and resolve workplace concerns.
* Monitor compliance with federal and state regulations, interpret regulations, and apply to HR practices.
* Oversee and coordinate employment application and hiring process, respond to individual employment inquiries, coordinate posting and advertising of open positions, review employment applications for completeness and accuracy, screen unqualified applicants, schedule interviews, and conduct reference checks.
* Conduct phone interviews, in-person interviews, and reference checks to select qualified applicants. Make recommendations to HR leadership regarding determinations.
* Prepare position-specific interview questions, interview evaluation templates, and reference check forms. Review recruitment process with hiring supervisors at time of initial position opening.
* Ensure interview evaluations are completed by managers. Review completed interview evaluations for compliance with company standards.
* Oversee maintenance of recruitment files and ATS.
* Conduct reference checks, process CORI forms and other background checks, and respond to employment verification requests.
* Schedule and conduct new employee orientations and process new employee paperwork.
* Administer employee benefit programs, including health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance. Select benefit products, process enrollments, make changes, audit invoices, and respond to employee questions.
* Assist with administration of 403(b) and 457(b) retirement plans.
* Administer and coordinate employee leave requests on case by case basis, including FMLA, worker compensation, and disability leave, including meeting with employees requesting leave, ensuring leave forms are completed, and tracking approved leaves to ensure timelines and benefit status are monitored.
* Initiate and administer COBRA benefits and tracking of dependent eligibility for health/dental insurance.
* Maintain employee files and records.
* Oversee and maintain the HRIS system for employee data, including applicant tracking, new hires, terminations, benefit enrollment, COBRA, I-9s, and performance reviews.
* Maintain and coordinate performance evaluation software to ensure evaluation forms and data are up to date, process is running correctly, supervisors are utilizing software correctly, and reviews are being completed in a timely manner.
* Update and maintain job descriptions.
* Respond to workplace accidents by contacting the employee and their manager, ensure that employee accident forms and supporting data are completed and filed with workers’ compensation agent, review forms for completeness, and track timeline.
* Assist with preparation of unemployment compensation information and liaison with outside consultant for unemployment compensation.
* Coordinate employee recognition and wellness initiatives, events, and activities, including annual employee benefits fair, raffles, holiday party, and employee events.
* Assist with employee training development and delivery.
* Oversee bi-annual employee survey.
* Edit employee newsletter.
* Coordinate confidential data destruction pick-up for facility.
* Develop and maintain a professional and productive work environment.
* Respond to day to day employee concerns, work closely with HR Generalist to ensure matters are addressed in a timely manner, and advise HR leadership of problems that may arise.
* Bachelor’s Degree and PHR or SPHR certification.
* Five plus years of Human Resource Generalist experience, preferably in a small to medium sized companies.
* Ability to add value to the HR function through a) a successful recruitment process that yields qualified applicants, b) employee/manager communication that provides appropriate HR guidance, and c) creative thinking that results in improved HR processes.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to recognize the impact of workflow.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, excellent computer skills, and the ability to negotiate and utilize software systems.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.