Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer, the Human Resources Manager (HRM) has primary responsibility for employee benefits and administration of payroll for approximately 200 staff. The HRM will focus on key HR initiatives, including the creation of best in class systems for benefits and payroll, wellness program development, analysis of systems/operational efficiencies, vendor partnering and management, education development, and the overall enhancement of the employee experience. Additional responsibilities include:
* Act as primary contact for all HR related questions.
* Design and implement online employee handbook.
* Manage onboarding: create new hire packets, facilitate benefit form completion, and submit forms to vendors.
* Ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines.
* Coordinate open enrollment period for all employees.
* Review and adjust year-to-date benefit accruals, and maintain records of PTO accrued/used.
* Enroll employees in TIAA-CREF Retirement Plans (mandated after six months).
* Compile and process documentation regarding COBRA compliance and benefits administration.
* Coordinate TIAA-CREF bi-annual employee workshops and annual meeting of employees.
* Investigate, address, and follow-up any employee questions or concerns.
* Conduct annual review of vendors and input evaluation of current and new vendors.
* Make changes to benefits invoices and vendor websites to reflect any Life, LTD, or other rate changes.
* Process and submit information to TIAA-CREF for Non-Discrimination and Matching Testing.
* Maintain accurate and timely payroll process (biweekly, monthly and camp).
* Review payroll information for accuracy and input into ADP payroll system.
* Review newly generated reports for accuracy and transmit electronically to ADP.
* Prepare payroll bank information report to ensure availability of funds for payroll transfer.
* Conduct final review of all documentation and reports for accuracy, followed by distribution of checks/pay stubs. Post payments through paycheck and COBRA invoice information to A/R database.
* Create new cycle and download cumulative information from ADP mainframe.
* Maintain I-9, W-4, and CORI information.
* Make appropriate changes to payroll for benefit deductions.
* Enter 1099 information into system and generate 1099/1096 information and forms.
* Enter data and file appropriate information with EEOC, BLS for Quarterly National Compensation Survey Employment Cost Index reporting, and DUA for Quarterly/Annual Employer Fair Share Contribution filing.
The HRM must be able to effectively communicate the School’s shared purpose, understand the “big picture”, represent HR in a manner consistent with the overall agenda, and honor commitments to further build and maintain credibility for the HR function. The HRM will relate to colleagues, faculty, parents and other staff members in a cooperative manner, strive to help others to do their best, and ensure confidentiality in all aspects of the role. Additional requirements include:
* Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field.
* 8 to 10 years of HR experience with a minimum of 4 to 5 years of benefits and payroll (ADP preferred).
* Proven experience managing the HR function, preferably as a sole practitioner.
* Team player who works well at all levels within an organization.
* Reacts well to challenges and setbacks by being proactive, staying focused, and remaining steady and positive.
* Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
* Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles assignments simultaneously.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!