This role will provide analytical and technical HR support to approximately 100 employees. The Human Resources Director (HRD) has responsibility for HR policies, programs and practices for the firm with approval from Senior Management and Trustees. The HRD will facilitate the implementation of HR strategies and business plans designed to deliver the people, environment and culture needed for the success of the business, as well as translate business goals into HR programs.
The HRD will demonstrate significant leadership skills to continually improve the quality of HR programs delivered, and will ensure that the HR management programs and actions are consistent with and supportive of the strategic business goals as well as the emerging values and vision of the firm. As an integral part of the management team, the HRD will function as an influential leader and business partner, lead the development of HR strategies that support organizational development, recruitment, benefits, compensation, training/education, performance management, succession planning and retention, and ensure compliance with State and Federal legal requirements.
* Manage the recruitment process by attracting, motivating and retaining the best employees.
* Maintain the firm’s “Best in Boston” status for compensation and benefits programs. Ensure that all employees receive an accurate and complete benefits briefing. Encourage participation in the 401(k) plan, and provide employees with the information needed to manage it.
* Manage and administer all benefits, and recommend and implement changes to Medical, Dental, 401(k) Plan, Cafeteria Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts and COBRA, by working with outside benefits consultants and senior management. Ensure that employees, Trustees and retirees receive high quality service with prompt resolution to inquiries.
* Recommend new, revised and/or improved programs that support the implementation of HR policies, practices and procedures.
* Prepare statistical reports for senior management and trustees (turnover, demographics, etc.).
* Make presentations to firm employees and Trustees that relate to HR issues, including compensation, benefits, policy changes, and roll-outs of new programs.
* Manage the Performance Appraisal Program.
* Coach and counsel management and trustees through employee performance issues.
* Recommend compensation policy to senior management annually.
* Guide managers in a manner consistent with the law and firm policies, utilizing outside counsel as appropriate.
* Evaluate technology (EDMS and HRIS) to improve process, record keeping, and reporting.
* Manage the firm’s payroll process.
* Prepare annual HR Budget and submit to senior management for approval. Review, reconcile and re-forecast quarterly.
* Work with senior management to develop a training program for managers, as well as an on-boarding program for new managers.
* Conduct exit interviews.
* Work with managers to develop employee recognition programs and incentives.
* Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a closely related field.
* 10+ years of hands-on HR experience, with 5 years in management.
* A track record of progressively responsible HR generalist experience working in a team based environment with the ability to handle multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills to deal with diverse audiences, and a solid working knowledge of all aspects of HR management and employment law.
* Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving abilities. Planning, organization, counseling and conflict resolution skills are essential, with the ability to operate at all levels within the firm.
* Solid negotiation and decision-making skills, with the ability to organize, meet deadlines, and delegate appropriately.
* Computer skills required include the MS Office suite, web, and calendar management.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!