Reporting to the Executive Director & Head of Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner will partner with line leaders and deliver value-added service to the company. Areas of focus include recruitment, benefits, compensation, and employment law compliance. The incumbent will be trained in employee relations.
- * Collaborate with assigned client areas on a range of HR matters, including recruitment, benefits and compensation, compliance, and performance management, providing HR policy guidance and interpretation as needed.
- * Conduct bi-weekly check-in meetings with line leaders.
- * Perform routine tasks required to execute HR programs, including but not limited to compensation, performance and talent management, employee recognition, and training.
- * Respond to employment-related inquiries from candidates, employees, and leaders, elevating complex and/or sensitive matters to the Head of HR.
- * Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- * Lead the interview process by sourcing, screening, and interviewing potential employees. Provide interviewing and hiring-decision support to hiring managers.
- * Process pre-employment background checks for all full-time hires, and ensure that third-party vendors process background checks for all contract hires.
- * Work in close concert with hiring managers to create up-to-date job descriptions when positions are created/updated. Maintains the job description file.
- * Adhere to Radford Market Reference Guidelines as well as company compensation philosophy when preparing offer proposals for approval by Head of HR and hiring managers, ensuring there are no internal equity issues.
- * Manage the Employee Referral, Tuition Reimbursement, and Job Posting programs.
- * Educate client groups on effective HR practices that will positively impact the business.
- * Work closely with the Head of HR in the development and execution of corporate HR programs, such as salary planning and performance management.
- * Facilitate new employee orientations and onboarding.
- * Assist with the annual open enrollment process, and respond to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other related areas. Assist with company wellness initiatives and special projects as needed.
- * Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5-7 years of related experience. Experience working in a start-up environment preferred. Employee relations experience a plus.
- * Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- * Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- * Ability to act with integrity and professionalism, and to maintain confidentiality.
- * Thorough knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including filing and compliance requirements.
- * Demonstrated ability to work in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Previous experience with ICIM’s Applicant Tracking System strongly preferred.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.