This position is a member of the Human Resources team consisting of 8 HR professionals responsible for all aspects of recruiting, employee relations, organizational development, training and leadership development, compensation, benefits, and management reporting. The Human Resources Associate will report to the Manager, Human Resources, and the responsibilities of this position will include:
* Administering all benefit programs for both domestic and foreign offices.
* Supporting the annual benefits open enrollment process, including working with brokers to obtain quotes and implement required plan changes, drafting the recommendations, handling employee communications and responses, administration of changes, etc.
* Advising employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters, and escalating issues to your manager in a timely fashion as needed.
* Processing benefits enrollments, qualified status changes, and terminations of benefit plans.
* Processing, tracking, and maintaining all invoices for benefit premiums in an accurate and timely manner, collaborating closely with the corporate accounting team on all benefit vendor payments.
* Contacting benefits carriers to facilitate problem resolution for eligibility, coverage, and claim issues.
* Managing the COBRA benefit, including preparing COBRA letters, processing, and tracking all payments.
* Managing the Section 135 commuter benefits.
* Administering paid time off benefits, including tracking and providing policy interpretation when appropriate, as well as handling all employee and manager inquiries.
* Preparing FMLA and other leave paperwork for HR Generalists.
* Handling the day-to-day 401K administration including enrollments, contribution rate changes, rollovers, beneficiary changes, terminations, etc.
* Preparing the annual 401k true-up, and coordinating with the Corporate Accounting team on estimates and actual contributions.
* Liaising with the 401k auditors, preparing all materials necessary for the annual audit, and escalating any concerns and/or issues to your manager.
* Administering all longevity awards and acting as a resource for employee questions.
* Managing the employee matching gift program: administer the day-to-day requests,
ensure data integrity in HRIS and correspondence with charities, proactively make suggestions on appropriate reminders and communications, report on matching gift activity on an annual and ad hoc basis, and make process improvement recommendations.
* At the direction of your manager, researching and recommending new benefits, including the drafting of recommendations.
* Producing and managing all census reporting required by brokers and insurers.
* Under the direction of your manager, assisting with regulatory filings such as EEOC reporting, 5500s, etc.
* Thoroughly documenting and consistently refreshing all benefits processes and procedures.
* Serving as a benefits subject matter expert for team members in terms of policies, and informing your manager of relevant regulatory changes in a timely fashion.
Immigration & Global Mobility Administration
* Providing administrative support on a variety of immigration related matters, working
under the direction of your manager.
* Creating and maintaining comprehensive immigration files for employees requiring sponsored work authorization.
* Developing a comprehensive system and process for tracking all visa expiration dates, and informing your manager of the need for a renewal well in advance of expiration date.
* Creating and maintaining immigration compliance files (I-9 forms, PERM recruitment files, visas files, etc.).
* Drafting visa applications for your manager’s review, and pulling internal job descriptions, compensation information, organizational charts, etc. as needed.
* At the direction of your manager, editing and updating expatriate assignment and repatriation agreements.
* Reviewing assignment agreements to ensure benefits provided are consistent with the assignment arrangement.
* Coordinating with the Payroll team to ensure all assignment adjustments (COLA, salary changes, etc.) are properly communicated and processed.
* Serving as the HR department’s liaison to the payroll department, including preparing
bi-weekly HR payroll change file, uploading data files and interfaces to payroll, responding to all questions from the payroll department, answering employee questions on paystubs, etc.
* Assisting with special projects as needed.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
* Undergraduate degree from a reputable 4-year institution.
* Approximately 5 years of HR experience with a focus on benefits required (immigration experience a plus). Experience in the asset management industry preferred.
* General benefits expertise with strong knowledge of applicable benefit regulations(ERISA, FMLA, IRS, etc.).
* Experience with international benefits a plus, particularly the United Kingdom.
* Sharp quantitative, analytical mindset, comfortable using outstanding Excel skills to
manage data, and a numbers- and detail-oriented approach.
* Solid ability to effectively and accurately document complex processes and
* Critical thinking, independent problem solving skills, and sound judgment a must.
* Ability to communicate effectively, confidently, and professionally (both written and
* Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills, with a deep appreciation for the
importance of administrative details.
* Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of multiple, competing tasks.
* Ability to work independently while at the same time work effectively in a collaborative structure with staff throughout every level of the company.
* Outstanding client service orientation, empathetic, and highly responsive.
* Genuine willingness to perform tactical and project work.
* Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.