The Human Capital Manager role represents a dynamic opportunity for a seasoned human resources professional to serve as a strategic business partner. This is a leadership position, requiring the Manager to develop a strong vision for the Human Capital function, incorporate the vision of the overall business, and build a capability that delivers strong results. The goal of this function is to improve hiring outcomes, enhance platform and potential portfolio company assessment and due diligence capabilities, provide improved access to appropriate senior executives, and manage critical talent acquisition processes.
As an integral member of the company, the Manager will provide a highly valuable function and serve as a key Human Capital resource with responsibility for strategic and tactical matters related to senior talent needs (identification, acquisition, assessment, and assignment).
* Participate in committee meetings, new deal review meetings, and portfolio company review meetings. Understand specific portfolio company talent need and support sponsors with executive talent searches.
* Continually network and build external network of executives through trade shows, research, etc.
* Meet with, vet, and form relationships with top executives that can serve as portfolio company senior executives, board members, or represent a potential resource for new deal sourcing.
* Create and maintain a database that can amalgamate, sort, track, and organize executives in the network.
* Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate outside advisors and search firms.
* Build credibility for the Human Capital function internally and develop relationships with the portfolio company CEOs and senior members of management.
* Support the formal C-level executive searches for portfolio company hires: interview and recommend third-party recruiters, manage search process, participate in first round interviews, and coordinate testing and assessments.
* Stay informed on other search activity being conducted at portfolio companies: assist and advise as needed, stay informed about specific progress of open engagements, and interview finalists.
* Conduct soft searches where portfolio companies have weak spots: manage search firm retainer relationships, mine internal database, and use typical external searching techniques.
* Build proprietary database of executives via organizing current network, gathering and filtering all incoming resumes, attending networking events, conducting targeted research within the specific industries, working with select number of third-party recruiters, and continually building a farm team of talented executives with strong track records.
* Screen executives, interview executives found for industries served, skill sets, track record, and desired positions, manage assessments, and conduct reference checks.
* Match executives with portfolio company needs: open, full-time positions at current portfolio companies or upgrades to weak spots in management teams, interim/project/consulting assignments to current portfolio companies, board members of current portfolio companies, and board advisors.
* Match executives with proactive deal sourcing effort based on existing company practices.
* Manage external human resources relationships.
* In conjunction with the Chief Portfolio Office, develop and provide appropriate periodic reporting.
* Participate with appropriate industry associations and organizations to meet objectives.
* Supplement existing tools and develop new ones for use in the due diligence, candidate/executive evaluation, and assessment processes.
* Develop deep familiarity with portfolio companies to improve responsiveness to executive needs at the portfolio level.
* Bachelor’s degree (MBA strongly preferred).
* 8+ years of progressive experience within a talent management/executive search environment.
* Prior work experience in private equity (strong working knowledge of portfolio companies preferable).
* Strong working knowledge of human capital assessment methods, tools, and practitioners.
* Experience both in a large, best practices company and a smaller, growth oriented company.
* Strong working knowledge of CRM/ATS systems as a user.
* Leader with a proven track record of execution, able to handle multiple and complex tasks, decisive, thorough, balanced, and energetic.
* High level of personal integrity, ethics, and initiative with strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong sense of service and passion, thriving on change, pace, action, and accountability.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!