Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will serve as a strategic business partner in the implementation, coordination, and maintenance of organizational programs, policies, and processes as they relate to HR. This role will focus on the development and implementation of HR improvements across the organization to enhance efforts in recruitment, employment branding, onboarding, training, and employee development.
* Manage efforts in planning and implementing a corporate online platform for onboarding and orientation, and coordinate a consistent integration program for all employees.
* Partner with the VPHR and senior management to develop a social recruiting and staffing strategy to satisfy business needs.
* Manage social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), employment branding, college/university recruiting, external staffing vendors, background check vendor, and selection activities to assess, attract, and hire the best talent.
* Proactively identify and source passive talent using a variety of methods. Develop a network of relevant individuals to leverage for business success and maintain an active applicant pool of qualified candidates for future positions.
* Manage the HR Associate recruiting and provide guidance and supervision on all recruiting efforts to source, screen, interview, and close candidates.
* Provide interview training and recruitment best practices companywide.
* Manage the position evaluation and classification procedures to include oversight in the reviewing, editing, and creation of position descriptions for new and/or modified positions.
* Work with HR colleagues and hiring managers to ensure job requirements are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
* Provide guidance to managers, supervisors, and employees in the use and consistent application of company policies and practices.
* Manage and advise on routine and complex employee relations issues, including the development/implementation of resolution-based action plans.
* Manage the performance management system and guide the counseling process for managers, supervisors, and employees. Participate in coaching and development meetings to resolve employee related issues.
* Manage recruitment and selection activities to employ, place, and/or transfer staff to ensure adequate staffing levels to meet current and future business needs.
* Manage relationships with hiring managers and candidates to include communication regarding candidate status, document management, and onboarding.
* Advise hiring managers in the efficient, timely, strategic, and cost effective recruitment of qualified individuals in support of the Affirmative Action Plan.
* Assess training and development needs, facilitate development, sourcing, and delivery of programs, including region-wide and department specific training.
* Actively search, creatively design, and implement effective methods and training materials to educate, enhance, and recognize employee performance.
* Provide guidance on total compensation planning and the implementation of best practice recognition and reward strategies.
* Ensure systems/policies are in place regarding compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
* BA/BS degree required. SPHR certification strongly preferred.
* 10+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR generalist with specific subject expertise in recruiting and/or training and development (preferably in a multi-site/multi-state environment).
* Comprehensive knowledge of more than one area of human resources (recruiting, training & organizational development, employee relations, compensation, affirmative action, etc.).
* Ability to lead, manage, and influence across a wide cross section of business units and styles.
* Effective strategist with a solid track record of successful execution of HR initiatives.
* Knowledge of HR related laws/regulations to include but not be limited to FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated commitment to and proficiency in a customer service culture.
* Advanced computer literacy with specific proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Previous experience with applicant tracking software.
* Demonstrated practical, hands-on, can-do approach with the ability to work efficiently and creatively.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good judgment with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to make large group presentations and consult effectively one-on-one.
* Travel is required for 15-20% of calendar year.
* Previous staff supervisory and public company experience desirable.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!