This role will partner with the Head of HR for North America to act as an advocate, advisor, and champion of the people strategy. The HR Manager will build and sustain relationships with the North America organization to effectively influence analysis and decision-making in the areas of leadership, talent management and development, succession planning, change management, work force planning, cultural/organizational development and effectiveness, performance management, HRIS, and employee relations. The HR Manager will also be a key member of the global HR community, contributing to the design and implementation of innovative global programs that will continue to evolve the company’s culture.
* Advise, coach, and influence employees at all levels to drive organizational effectiveness and employee engagement in support of company goals and values.
* Act as the day-to-day primary contact for people related issues, including the fair and consistent design and application of policies, procedures, and practices for the North America organization.
* Administer the employee benefit programs and disability programs, which includes presenting employee benefit programs to new employees during orientation and ensuring all enrollment paperwork is completed and entered into company and vendor databases in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Partner with Finance and external vendors on payroll administration and incentive programs.
* Collaborate with leaders in support of strategic workforce planning, ensuring top talent is acquired, developed, retained, and integrated.
* Participate in and support M&A activities, including due diligence, acquisition and integration strategy, implementation, and execution.
* Support the company’s Talent and Performance Management program. Help leaders assess capabilities and potential that embody the values of the company.
* Work with leaders and global HR to foster a continuous feedback and developmental culture. Assess developmental gaps and design/recommend, implement, and facilitate pertinent programs that will strengthen the talent base.
* Manage the talent acquisition process. Assist hiring managers with creating job descriptions, provide market analysis for appropriate benchmarking, and develop/manage the recruitment strategy and process (interviewing, selection, developing compensation packages, etc.).
* Partner with leaders to address employee relations issues, including employment investigations, performance management, corrective actions, resolution, leaves of absences, and employment separation.
* Partner with Global HR for the build-out and implementation of the Human Resources System in North America.
* Assist and drive various people-related projects, and actively participate in all HR programs and initiatives as appropriate.
* Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years human resources experience required, preferably in a biotech or pharmaceutical organization. Commercial experience and/or experience in a small, entrepreneurial environment is desirable.
* Must be a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can readily assess opportunities and quickly execute effective and lasting solutions that address needs.
* Demonstrated experience working with and coaching effectively at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, analytical, and negotiation skills.
* Ability to use sound judgement when problem-solving and present ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
* Experience managing complex employee relations and partnering with the business and legal department to deliver appropriate employment action.
* Must be proactive, results-oriented, and execution-focused to deliver on agreed upon objectives on time.
* Must be able to effectively and fluidly straddle between responding to/executing on day-to-day tactical responsibilities and implementing strategic imperatives that will move the business forward.
* Experience supporting organizations through significant transformation (OD background is highly preferred).
* Strong collaborator with excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and project management skills.
* Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws, inclusive of LOA administration.
* Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint coupled with HRIS experience.
* High integrity, strong work ethic, respect, and being conscientious are cornerstones of success for this role.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.