Our North Shore client is seeking an HR Manager to administer all Human Resources functions, including executing all recruitment efforts for all assigned entities, coordinating of all benefit administration, maintaining all employment files, interacting with and managing HR vendors, managing payroll, executing corporate policies/procedures, providing employee relations expertise and guidance, training and coordinating training for staff, providing reporting expertise, and analyzing spreadsheets and compensation data. The HR Manager will be an essential member of the HR team and will help make our client an employer of choice.
* Work with hiring managers to develop accurate job descriptions/postings and compensation ranges, which reflect the desired qualifications and skills for the target audience. On an ongoing basis, review job descriptions for accuracy, clarity, and definition, and maintain hard copy/electronic position description files.
* Develop, execute, and update recruitment and retention strategies to consistently generate a pool of qualified applicants, including posting of internal positions and interfacing with Internet recruitment sites, colleges, and job training programs.
* Partner with hiring managers to screen resumes and conduct/coordinate interviews, both on the phone and in person, in order to assess candidate qualifications and make recommendations for further interviews/employment offers.
* Administer all background, reference, education, criminal, and drug testing protocols. Coordinate hire dates, distribute new hire checklists, and follow up on receipt of candidate information.
* Conduct and maintain the new hire orientation process, ensuring receipt of all paperwork, benefit enrollment, payroll implementation, and thorough completion of required HR file contents.
* Create and maintain all termination paperwork, ensuring distribution of all paperwork, forms, exit surveys, COBRA notifications, etc.
* Interface with all vendors to ensure proper disposition of employee benefits occur in compliance with policies and procedures. Maintain library of all summary plan descriptions, amendments, plan documents, and literature.
* Provide counsel to staff on inquiries regarding policy and procedures, performance issues, and employment law.
* Coordinate training for new hires and/or conduct training as appropriate for such topics as sexual harassment, ethics, safety, 401(k) lans, etc.
* Maintain HR files and HRIS, in accordance with procedures, to ensure completion of all required documentation and compliance with existing laws.
* Partner with and back-up the payroll administrator in the administration of all benefits and payroll, including enrollment, changes and terminations, etc. Reconcile all benefit invoices to ensure correct pricing and employee enrollment/participation. Responsible for all problem resolutions and follow-up with employees and vendors on a weekly/daily basis.
* Input and maintain updated employee information in the ADP payroll and HR database, and runs reports as required/requested.
* Maintain an updated HR binder, detailing all HR processes and procedures, on an ongoing basis.
* Provide support to management and staff as it relates to employee relations, training, and other HR areas.
* BA/BS degree with PHR/SPHR certification highly desired.
* Three to five years of HR generalist experience, preferably in an environment with a very diverse employee background of 100+ employees.
* Three plus years of related ADP payroll experience, including HRIS, Time and Attendance, and Report Writer experience.
* Three plus years of benefit administration experience, including 401(k) benefits.
* Intermediate PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to work well under pressure, manage time line and deliverables, prioritize tasks, report on progress, and update documents (databases, charts, calendars, task lists, job boards, etc.) on a timely and consistent basis.
* Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!