The Human Resources Director (HRD) is responsible for the development and implementation of HR programs and policies, onboarding and offboarding of staff, benefits administration, regulatory compliance pertaining to HR matters, performance management, employee relations, and assisting with recruiting and training. The HRD will make recommendations to the CFO on HR strategic directives and work with the CFO to implement approved directives.
The HRD reports to the CFO for this extremely visible position within the organization and works closely with the Senior Administration Team, Department Heads, management, and staff. In addition, the HRD often works in close partnership with the Finance and IT teams on a variety of projects/initiatives.
* Develop organizational human resources strategies by identifying and researching issues, contributing information, in-depth, analysis, and making recommendations to the CFO and other members of the administration team.
* Establish human resources objectives in line with organizational directives.
* Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local HR related regulations and statutes as well as organizational policies and procedures.
* Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, and guidelines (including the employee handbook).
* Review and oversee the employee benefits program, make recommendations on new vendors and/or benefits, review participation and satisfaction with benefit programs, develop a wellness program(s), and manage yearly open enrollment.
* Manage the HRIS.
* Coordinate and oversee onboarding, training, and offboarding. Orient new staff to the employee handbook, benefits and other appropriate policies and procedures.
* Ensure proper hiring procedures and paperwork are completed for all new staff, and job descriptions are current and accurate.
* Post job openings internally and externally, and assist in the recruiting process as needed.
* Coordinate and schedule all required training including sexual harassment, bullying, hostile environment, etc. Recommend additional training and development programs based on organizational needs.
* Identify, evaluate, and resolve human relations, employee morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
* In conjunction with the CFO and Senior Administration team, develop and implement an organizational approach to performance evaluation.
* Update job knowledge by participating in appropriate conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks and alliances.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources.
* Ten years of experience in a Human Resources role, with a minimum of five years in a management level position.
* Not-for-profit experience and/or experience in an educational setting preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and implement human resources best practices.
* Strong computer skills and thorough knowledge of software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Mail, and ADP HRIS).
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate policies, procedures, and other HR matters comprehensively yet succinctly to all staff.
* Strong organization skills, the ability to establish and manage multiple priorities, and the ability to work under pressure while maintaining the highest professional standards.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff and other constituents with fairness and respect.
* Competency in preparing presentation materials and/or RFPs.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!