The HR Business Partner (HRBP) reports directly to the HR leader and is an integral part of a ten-person HR team. The HRBP will provide strategic and tactical HR support to a variety of client groups in two Northeast locations, and will be an active and creative business partner expected to deliver HR competence in all disciplines. This role will focus on building a responsive and insightful HR function that is a true partner to business leaders and the organization.
In this hands-on role that combines strategy and execution, the HRBP will provide day-to-day and strategic human resources support to a variety of client groups. The individual will partner with leadership and staff to execute the HR strategy, aligning it with overall business goals for both the local organization and the region. Additional areas of focus include:
* As a member of the HR team, contribute to the success of the business by ensuring consistency with the overall regional HR strategy, including the implementation of corporate HR-led initiatives and programs.
* Provide day-to-day support to the MA site, and support the NJ site and staff as needed. Guarantee continued HR operational support that corresponds to the overall business and HR strategy.
* Act as a strong recruiting partner by supporting the organization in building and staffing teams. Assess, identify, and develop critical talent. Develop accountability and create an effective environment.
* Establish effective and strong business relationships with internal clients. Engage in active listening and problem solving, drive change and forward-thinking behavior, and promote the vision of the organization.
* Serve as an internal consultant and coach to leadership teams, managers, and colleagues on all human resources and people management issues.
* Guide the organization through performance management, talent management, and similar practices. Continually build upon and improve these areas for the growing employee population, and lead HR projects across the organization.
* Act as the ambassador of the company’s culture, constantly defining ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify company values. Strive to advance people and implement organizational strategies to promote employee engagement.
* Build the company’s employment brand in the market in conjunction with the overall company vision.
* Implement HR best practices and policies in close coordination with local/regional HR resources and corporate HR. Apply local processes to basic HR disciplines when the regional HR operating model does not apply.
This individual will thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and possess a desire to build an organization while applying practicality with process. The HRBP will have a balance of collaborative style and the judgment to be able to make decisions and move forward. Key requirements include:
* Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or management.
* A minimum of 7 years of progressive human resources experience, with a significant portion in biotech or pharma, including experience supporting the corporate site of an R&D organization as an HR partner.
* Proven experience in all areas of human resources with a strong focus on recruitment, change management, organizational development, and creating and building HR programs in a fast-paced start-up environment.
* Outstanding client service orientation with a proven ability to be a hands-on partner as comfortable with day-to-day needs as managing the strategic issues of the organization.
* The ability to navigate multiple and quickly changing priorities with a demonstrated ability to work in a high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
* Strong team player and creative problem solver who is detailed oriented and takes initiative.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to build trusting relationships and influence employees at all levels.
* Ability to travel as required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.