Under the general direction of the HR Manager, the HR Staffing and Business Partner is responsible for providing the highest level of staffing services to managers and internal clients. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing various sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The HR Staffing and Business Partner will play a critical role in ensuring the organization is hiring the best possible talent. Building strong links between HR strategy and business strategy, this credible and effective partner will act as an advisor to department leaders in developing individualized talent strategies and business solutions that support each department’s unique needs and the organization’s overall vision.
The HR Staffing and Business Partner also works with the HR team to identify areas for process improvement and ensures implementation and compliance throughout the recruitment team. This position will support assigned areas with policy interpretation, employee/labor relations, compensation, and leave management in partnership with the Senior Business Partner.
* Design and deliver talent acquisition strategies to departmental leaders to maintain the performance and culture standards of each department.
* Advise department leaders on HR and organizational issues, including but not limited to talent acquisition, performance management, talent and culture development, employee relations, change management, and employee engagement to promote and maintain a high-performance culture.
* Collaborate with business leaders to identify and execute key opportunities to impact business priorities, and show the impact and value that Human Resources produces.
* Consult with managers to understand department business to facilitate proper referrals from the application pool. Develop/maintain strong working relationships with managers to create a partnership that yields success, results, and credibility.
* Partner with HR Business Partner to develop strong team support for hiring managers. Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with larger departments.
* Visit hiring managers to develop thorough understanding of departments cultures, and use that knowledge to help candidates understand available opportunities.
* Refer qualified candidates to hiring managers in a timely manner (minimum of weekly).
* Identify hard to fill/source positions. Work with the HR team to explore creative sourcing options (including open houses or college relations) to ensure an ample pool of qualified candidates. Act as a consultant when determining best sourcing options.
* Follow internal processes, included but not limited to maintaining Taleo system to ensure internal process compliance.
* Ensures references and CORI are checked and completed on all final candidates/new hires as appropriate.
* Identify fiscally appropriate sourcing vehicles to ensure best ROI when placing print, online, or other advertising media.
* Respond to inquiries from managers or applicants within 24 to 48 hours. Timely follow-up with hiring manager after forwarding qualified candidates or completing an interview.
* Provide timely/accurate onboarding information to candidates who accept offers.
* Assist other team members during heavy recruitment times and/or absences. Identify opportunities for process improvement initiatives.
* Work cooperatively with all members of the recruitment team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities.
* Work cooperatively with members of assigned team: HR Business Partners, HR Staffing Partners, HR Representatives, and HR Manager.
* Volunteer for HR related events as needed.
* Stay informed on market trends and recruiting practices.
* Assist in training other HR staff as needed.
* Bachelors Degree with a course of study in HR or related field preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years of previous HR experience.
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of employment law and best HR practices.
* Ability to work in a complex organization, demonstrating the following skills and competencies: strong communication skills (including negotiation skills), ability to influence others, analytical thinking, training skills, initiative, innovation, teamwork/relationship building/facilitation, strong HR knowledge.
* Demonstrated active listening skills and proven success in problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills in addressing complex and sensitive employee relations issues.
* Possess strong customer services skills and organizational skills.
* Ability to identify high quality candidates.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to use up-to-date recruitment techniques. Use of applicant tracking systems (Taleo experience preferred).
* Ability to understand Affirmative Action hiring and compliance requirements.
* Ability to adhere to deadlines.
* Working knowledge of applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PeopleSoft.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!