This role will provide analytical and technical HR support to approximately 100 employees. The HR Generalist (HRG) has responsibility for HR policies, programs, and practices for the Company with approval from Senior Management. The HRG will partner with the HR Director to facilitate the implementation of HR strategies and business plans designed to deliver the people, environment, and culture needed for the success of the business, as well as translate business goals into HR programs.
The HRG will demonstrate significant customer focused skills to continually improve the quality of HR programs delivered, and will offer support to the HR Director to ensure the HR management programs and actions are consistent with and supportive of the strategic business goals and emerging values and vision of the Company. As an integral part of the team, the HRG will function as a business partner, provide support to the HR Director to lead the development of HR strategies that support organizational development, recruitment, benefits, compensation, training/education, performance management, succession planning and retention, and compliance with State and Federal legal requirements.
* Partner with HR Director to assess HR programs and deliverables to enhance existing programs and create new or revised HR programs, practices/procedures, and services to Company employees.
* Support and engage in leadership development by partnering with external consultants to offer professional coaching to senior staff members. Work with senior management to develop continuous learning and development for managers.
* Educate managers to develop employee engagement and recognition programs and incentives.
* Co-manage and enhance the recruitment process while attracting, motivating, and retaining the best employees.
* Maintain the firm’s “Best in Boston” status for compensation and benefits programs. Oversee company-wide management of all benefits, and recommend and implement changes to Medical, Dental, 401(k) Plan, Cafeteria Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, and COBRA by working with outside benefits consultants and senior management. Ensure that employees and retirees receive high quality service with prompt resolution to inquiries.
* Partner to make presentations to employees and management that relate to HR issues, including compensation, benefits, policy changes, and roll-outs of new programs.
* Coach and counsel management through employee performance issues.
* Guide managers in a manner consistent with the law and Company policies, utilizing outside counsel as appropriate.
* Evaluate technology (EDMS and HRIS) to improve process, record keeping, and reporting.
* Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a closely related field
* 7+ years of hands-on HR experience
* Track record of progressively responsible senior HR generalist work in a team-based environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills to deal with diverse audiences
* Solid working knowledge of all aspects of HR management and employment law
* Strong presentation, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
* Planning, organization, counseling, and conflict resolution skills are essential, with the ability to operate at all levels within the Company
* Solid negotiation and decision-making skills, with the ability to organize, meet deadlines, and delegate appropriately
* The ability to handle multiple projects with excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!