Provide human resources consultation and support to designated business units. Coach supervisors, managers and employees utilizing human resources expertise in the areas of employment law, staffing, compensation, and employee relations. Consult with business unit managers in the development of human resources strategies that support the business unit’s goals and employee’s needs. Serve as the liaison for other human resources functions, i.e. Talent Management, Benefits, Payroll, and Learning and Development.
* Provide advice and coaching to management on employee relations matters while considering risk and limiting legal liability to the organization.
* Educate managers on and mediate workplace conflict resolution and respond appropriately if situations escalate. Advise management on sensitive HR issues.
* Partner with employees, managers, and other areas within HR to implement and maintain various employee policies and programs in a consistent and equitable manner. Provide input and recommendations on the design of employee policies and programs based on identified needs within the organization.
* Work with Talent Management and individual managers to plan and execute the recruitment strategies to ensure that positions are filled as efficiently as possible with the strongest talent available. Liaison with the Talent Management team to ensure compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures. May interview internal and external applicants to ensure candidates are aligned with the business unit’s strategy.
* Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management: coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
* Ensure that all efforts within HR are aligned with and support the overall performance management strategy including staffing, employee development and training, compliance and employment law, and employee relations.
* College degree or equivalent work experience.
* Five to seven years of HR experience with a focus on employee engagement, retention, and employee relations. Relevant industry experience and professional certification preferred.
* Working knowledge of state and federal employment regulations.
* Working knowledge of Human Resources benefits programs and practices/policies of employment law.
* Proven ability to identify and anticipate client needs, and to make recommendations for changes and improvements.
* Proven ability to influence, negotiate, and build partnerships with all level of management.
* Excellent listening, verbal, written and communications skills to interact with employees at all levels.
* Display high levels of trust and confidentiality with the ability to use discretion when communicating sensitive information.
* Excellent ability to be objective and apply independent thinking skills when making decisions that allow for fair and equitable results while minimizing legal risk and liability.
* Ability to utilize knowledge and resources to provide innovative solutions for people management issues.
* Excellent mediation/consultation skills are needed to identify the source of employee and management concerns, recognize, assess, and minimize high-risk situations, and determine when intervention is appropriate. * Ability to handle escalated situations using superior problem solving skills.
* Ability to work well with a team, and comfortable speaking and moderating both large and small groups.
* Ability to be resourceful and comfortable utilizing internal and external contacts to complete assignments.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.