The Human Resources Generalist develops and manages HR programs, and develops and interprets HR policies. Under the direction of the Director, Human Resources and Development, the HR Generalist provides counsel on matters pertaining to performance management and Associate Relations.
* Provides advice and counsel on performance management and policy interpretation. Partners with management on administering performance improvement plans.
* Develops and manages on-boarding initiatives and programs.
* Develops and manages Associate Relations programs and events such as service awards, recognition, and social events.
* Compiles and analyzes Associate Relations metrics.
* Maintains and updates organizational charts.
* Develops and updates HR policies and procedures.
* Develops employee communications and maintains the HR data on corporate intranet site.
* Provides oversight to 3rd party unemployment claims processing.
* In conjunction with the HR Director, helps coordinate the annual performance management processes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Strong interpersonal, consulting, organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Proven analytical skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent communication skills required (written and oral) with strong interpersonal skills and good organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team, plan effectively, and produce results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
* 5 plus years of HR experience, preferably in a retail or consumer products industry.
* Proven abilities in the areas of Associate Relations and HR program development and management.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!