Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will spearhead the implementation of the Company’s HR initiatives in performance management, coaching, employee relations, and training and professional development for employees in assigned region(s), while supporting and aligning HR with overall business strategy. In partnership with HR colleagues, the HRBP will drive regional efforts to implement, coordinate, and maintain HR programs, policies, and processes, while providing strong HR technical expertise to support regional and HR departmental goals. The HRBP is responsible for establishing, building, and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships with all levels of employees within their assigned region, and will work in cross-collaboration with the HR Talent Acquisition Partner, the Total Rewards team, and other members of HR.
Performance Management & Coaching
* Implement HR initiatives to build the human capital of the Company through performance management, coaching, and training and development to motivate individuals to achieve their maximum potential.
* Further build the Company’s human capital via career path planning, including cross-training and developmental assignments that prepare individuals for advancement. Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skillsets.
* Guide the region through performance management, talent management, and similar practices that align with the values and mission of the Company. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives, and use metrics to measure performance. Continually build upon and improve these areas for the employee population, and implement HR projects across the organization.
* Serve as an internal consultant and coach to leadership teams, managers, and colleagues on all HR and people management issues.
* Create a positive employee relations environment through timely response to inquiries or issues, including the coaching of managers and leaders around sensitive employee issues.
* Manage employee relations issues from beginning to end, including partnering with employees on performance improvement plans, investigating complaints, issuing performance warnings, and managing separations, all while mitigating risks/ensuring compliance. Ensure proper documentation of employee relations cases.
* Partner with the SVP, Human Resources and/or SVP, General Counsel on complex employee relations issues.
* Oversee the coordination of involuntary separations to ensure required processes are maintained and documented.
Training and Professional Development
* Conduct new employee orientations periodically in collaboration with the regional teams.
* Oversee organizational training and development efforts in assigned region(s) to include the research, development, and delivery of training courses (both platform and e-learning) related to policies, employee relations, performance management, and management development training topics.
Business Partner/Project Management
* Provide day-to-day HR support to approximately 375 employees located in the Corporate and New York regions. Act as the day-to-day primary contact for people related issues, including the fair and consistent design and application of policies, procedures, and practices. Guarantee continued HR operational support that corresponds to the overall business and HR strategy.
* Establish effective and strong business relationships with regional clients. Engage in active listening and problem solving, drive change and forward-thinking behavior, and promote the vision of the Company.
* With direction from regional leadership, develop and execute programs to meet regional human capital business needs and goals.
* Provide guidance to managers and employees in the use and consistent application of Company policies and practices. Possess a keen awareness of FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, and other employment related laws and regulations. Provide guidance regarding employment laws/regulations, terminations, and progressive counseling.
* As a member of the HR team, contribute to the success of the Company by ensuring consistency with the overall HR strategy, including the implementation of Corporate HR-led initiatives and programs to help improve the employee experience.
* Develop recommendations and implement new and revised HR policies and procedures.
* Assist in the administration of compensation program and policies.
* Conduct, compile, and analyze exit interviews and prepare turnover data to determine trends. Advise on initiatives to engage and retain valued staff.
* Effectively interface with all departments of the Company and outside vendors, and represent the Company in a highly professional manner. Coordinate work flow and interaction with varied departments to ensure responsiveness.
* Actively think both strategically and creatively to make appropriate recommendations and/or interpretations on project planning and execution.
* Organize and maintain follow-up tasks, action items, business decisions, issues, and questions to ensure project is meeting deadlines and delivered on schedule.
* Demonstrate discretion and professionalism to all staff at all times.
* Possess and consistently model strong core ethics, integrity, and accountability consistent with the values of the HR department and Company.
* A BA/BS degree is required, and PHR certification is preferred.
* 5 to 7 years of human resources experience is required, and experience in employee relations is highly valued.
* Ability to educate and influence decisions based on policies, process, protocol, and market intelligence.
* Ability to operate with an appreciation for the delicate balance between consistency and flexibility to meet Corporate and regional needs.
* Experience working within an organizational structure with multiple locations/regions requiring exceptional relationship-building skills.
* Results-oriented self-starter who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to “rolling up the sleeves” and getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
* Ability to serve as an HR and Company ambassador while displaying effective judgment, strong relationship and interpersonal skills, and the aptitude to interface with all levels across the entire organization.
* Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, including the capacity to listen, respond, and electronically document cases.
* Ability to maintain discretion in confidential situations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.