Benefits Administration (35%)
* Administering all benefit programs for both the US and UK offices.
* Supporting the annual benefits open enrollment process, including assisting with employee communications and responses, administration of changes, etc.
* Advising employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefits matters, and escalating issues in a timely fashion as needed.
* Processing benefits enrollments, qualified status changes and terminations of company provided plans.
* Processing, tracking and maintaining all invoices for benefit premiums in an accurate and timely manner.
* Contacting benefits carriers to facilitate problem resolution for eligibility, coverage, and claim issues.
* Managing the COBRA program, including preparing COBRA letters, processing and tracking all payments, and serving as the team’s subject matter expert on COBRA regulations.
* Managing Section 135 commuter benefits.
* Administering the paid time off benefits, including tracking and providing policy interpretation (when appropriate) and handling all employee and manager inquiries.
* Preparing FMLA and other leave paperwork for HR Generalists.
* Handling the day-to-day 401(k) administration including enrollments, contribution rate changes, rollovers, beneficiary changes, terminations, etc.
* Administering all longevity awards and acting as a resource for employee questions.
* Managing the employee matching gift program: administering the day-to-day requests, ensuring data integrity in HRIS, corresponding with charities, proactively making suggestions on appropriate reminders and communications, reporting on matching gift activity on an annual and ad hoc basis, and making process improvement recommendations.
* Under the direction of the Sr. Human Resources Associate, assisting with regulatory filings such as EEOC reporting, 5500s, etc.
* Thoroughly documenting and consistently refreshing all benefits processes and procedures.
* Serving as the benefits subject matter expert for all team members in terms of both company policies and staying abreast of industry regulations, advising HR Generalists on COBRA regulations, time off policies, and informing the team of relevant regulatory changes in a timely fashion.
HR Systems and Reporting (35%)
* Being intimately familiar with the HRIS, including the flow of data, fields, impact of fields on other fields, etc.
* Managing all new hires, terminations and other workflows (promotions, manager changes, and department transfers) in the HR system.
* Maintaining and regularly updating detailed procedures, user guides, and workflow documentation for the HR system.
* Writing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of complex reports by using the appropriate reporting tools, and tailoring reports according to your audience.
* Managing and responding to ad hoc reporting requests, tracking these requests, and making proposals for long-term impacts to HR reporting packages as appropriate.
* Proactively identifying the need for and developing standard reports to support the ongoing needs of the HR team and management.
* Supporting, and when asked, leading system testing and enhancements, support upgrades, patches, testing, and other technical projects as assigned.
* Recommending system enhancements and customizations to support business and HR needs.
* Responding to all employee inquiries on the HRIS.
* Training new self-service system users (new employees, newly promoted managers, etc.).
* Training the HR team on enhancements to the system, new processes, etc.
* Under guidance of your manager, proactively managing the vendor to ensure proper system functionality and service levels, and holding regular calls with vendor on outstanding and emerging issues and system functionality.
* Recommending process changes to your manager to ensure the team is fully leveraging the system functionality.
* Liaising with HR’s IT representative to troubleshoot issues and implement technology best practices in both regular (weekly) meetings and on an ad hoc basis.
* Continuously increasing both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge to ensure best practices, proactively identifying gaps in knowledge of HR staff and/or HR workflows, and making recommendations to address.
General Human Resources Administration (15%)
* Administering HR support for the several business units, including, but not limited to conducting reference checks as requested, producing offer letters and offer packages, drafting agreements for part-time schedules, incorporating all benefit and compensation considerations, preparing and processing employee change/action forms, entering data into the HR system, transcribing notes from employee conversations, exit interviews, etc., preparing exit interview paperwork, and maintaining employee files.
* Serving as the HR department’s liaison to the payroll department, including uploading data files and interfaces to payroll, responding to all questions from the payroll department, answering employee questions on paystubs, etc.
* Responding to all requests for employment verifications.
* Under the direction of the business continuity committee, managing the automated emergency notification system, including ensuring accurate procedures and management of relevant employee data.
* Managing the tracking of employee business travel abroad.
Compensation Support (5%)
* Administrative support for the annual compensation cycles, including but not limited to liaising with senior staff and colleagues to schedule meetings, drafting meeting agendas for the compensation committee, scanning and/or typing meeting notes, tracking the detailed process and relevant status updates, printing, proofing, and distributing compensation spreadsheets, and administering year-end compensation communication meetings for employees.
* Undergraduate degree from a reputable 4-year institution.
* Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience in a fast-paced HR role.
* Experience with HR data management and systems (knowledge of Epicor and Workday platforms preferred).
* General benefits expertise, strong knowledge of applicable benefits regulations (ERISA, IRS, etc.).
* Experience with international benefits and compensation a plus, particularly the UK.
* Sharp quantitative, analytical mindset, comfortable using outstanding Excel skills to manage data, and a numbers-oriented and detail-oriented approach.
* Proficient in MS Office applications with superior Word and Excel skills.
* Solid ability to effectively and accurately document complex processes and procedures.
* Critical thinking, independent problem solving skills, and sound judgment a must.
* Ability to communicate effectively, confidently, and professionally (written and oral).
* Outstanding attention to detail and organization skills coupled with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, competing tasks.
* Ability to work independently but also effectively in a collaborative structure with staff across every level of the organization.
* Genuine willingness to perform tactical and project work.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
* Enthusiastic, client service oriented personality.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!