The Head of Human Resources, North America (HHR) reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources for this global organization, indirectly to the President, North America, and will provide strategic HR support and organizational development for commercial organizations in the region. The HHR will be an an active business partner and a full member of the Regional North American management team, and is expected to deliver HR competence in all disciplines; however, there will be an added focus on organizational development and capabilities, HR processes and systems, and relationship building with management groups and the organization.
The HHR will be the primary HR Business Partner to the commercial organizations in North America, acting as an effective discussion/decision partner in ongoing organization, people, business, and development projects. He/she will be directly responsible for developing the North American HR strategy, aligning it with the overall business strategy for the local organization and the region. Additional areas of focus include:
* As a member of the North American management team, contribute to the success of the business by ensuring the organization and employee assets are continuously aligned and developed to create maximum value.
* Ensure consistency with the overall regional HR strategy as defined by the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, including the implementation of corporate HR-led initiatives and programs.
* Continually focus on HR’s behavior throughout the region as role models for corporate values.
* Learning & Organizational Development – lead the yearly Organizational Review process (OR). Analyze results of the OR process and own any HR-related initiatives. Drive the yearly PMP process and, together with corporate L&OD, coordinate business-driven personal development and competency improvements as needed.
* Workforce Planning – continuously monitor/understand competency needs in North America, and ensure professional staffing by personally handling business-critical recruiting and/or using professional search firms.
* Compensation & Benefits – serve as the direct interface between the global C&B organization and any outsourced vendors. Conduct yearly C&B review processes, including cross-border calibrations.
* HR Processes, Policies, Practices, and Guidelines – Ensure implementation of HR best practices and policies in close coordination with local/regional/global HR resources and corporate HR. Apply local processes to basic HR disciplines when the regional/global HR operating model does not apply.
* Transactional HR Support – Ensure continued HR operational support that corresponds to the overall business and HR strategy.
* Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or management with a graduate degree and/or HR professional certification preferred.
* Significant HR generalist background with strong business acumen. Proven experience in workforce planning, management mentoring, organizational review/design, employee relations/selection, succession planning, talent/performance management, and total rewards.
* Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device experience.
* Experience with introducing and successfully implementing HR processes, systems, and policies in an effective yet pragmatic manner.
* A thorough understanding that employees are the most valuable asset, integrity with the ability to build trust within an organization, and a regional vs. local mindset.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!