Reporting to the President, the Head of People & Culture, as a member of the senior leadership team, will direct all aspects of the company’s HR initiatives and programs while supporting and aligning HR with overall business strategy. Partnering with senior leadership as a strategic business asset, the Head of People & Culture will build upon the positive, engaged culture that works to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of employees in a high performing and inclusive workplace.
* Culture and Values – Act as the ambassador of the company’s culture, constantly defining ways to identify and reinforce the behaviors that exemplify company values. Strive to advance people and implement organizational strategies to promote employee engagement.
* Talent Management – Develop and implement long-range strategic plans to build the human capital of the company through performance management, coaching, and training and development, motivating individuals to achieve their maximum potential. Successfully identify and address gaps in competency, knowledge, and skillsets.
* Talent Acquisition – Lead a comprehensive talent acquisition process to attract, develop, retain, and engage a high-quality workforce. Build strategic people programs to promote employer branding in support of these objectives. Inspire ideas around the creation of on-boarding and captivating events.
* Coaching and Development – Assess coaching and leadership development needs, and partner with members of the senior leadership team to bolster the leadership skills of managers and supervisors. Direct the creation and administration of individual development plans and identify resources to deliver these programs.
* Performance Management – Establish organizational performance management programs that align with the values and mission of the company. Coach management to set clear, meaningful goals and objectives, and use metrics to measure performance.
* Total Rewards – Develop and lead a best-in-class total rewards program. Maintain all benefit-related relationships and programs. Continuously evaluate the market to maintain competitive benefits programs for the company. Design and administer all company compensation and recognition programs. Provide leadership around aligning and developing performance-based compensation programs to drive employee performance and engagement.
* HR Systems and Compliance – Ensure that HR technology is in place to meet current and future prospective business objectives. Stay current with emerging HR technologies and implement new technology as appropriate. Confirm and maintain compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations. Manage internal communication for all HR-related activity.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field. Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred. SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR, and/or PHR certification a plus.
* 8 to 15 years of experience in human resources as a high performer, including senior HR leadership and people management.
* Excellent track record of leadership and team building, driving the development and evolution of entrepreneurial, high-performance cultures. Experience in retail or technology, especially in a start-up/entrepreneurial environment, is strongly preferred.
* Prior success in creating and leading initiatives that attract, develop, and retain high-potential talent in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Experience implementing HR policies and procedures using technology that improve operations, including HRIS, performance management systems, and payroll systems.
* Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures, including significant experience in employee relations. Current knowledge of State and Federal legal compliance regulations and policies relating to HR.
* Enthusiastic, energetic, thought leader who thrives in a collaborative environment and has a creative, engaging, and people-focused attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.