The Executive Recruiter (ER) is responsible for strategic hiring for our Boston-based client. The successful candidate will use his/her professional experience, knowledge, and training to provide high quality consultative support to key hiring managers, directors, and vice presidents across the organization. The ER must understand full life cycle recruitment and take a strategic and targeted networking/sourcing approach to each search.
The ER must have experience managing both retained and contingency mid/senior level searches, and possess and entrepreneurial spirit for building strategic internal and external industry relationships. The ER will be required to make recommendations on innovative search strategies and provide exceptional customer service to hiring managers, as well as tenaciously drive results and be an excellent communicator/motivated team player. There is a high emphasis placed on meeting recruitment goals and finding top talent in a very competitive space. This position reports to the Recruiting Manager, and includes the following responsibilities:
* Demonstrated ability to function and recruit for a broad, deep range of positions on a national scale.
* Strategically develop deep industry specific relationships with specialized recruiters, network channels, conferences, conventions, etc.
* Select, manage, and facilitate contingency and retained agency relationships.
* Work with Recruiting Manager and VPHR to identify leadership needs and workforce planning strategies.
* Develop creative and efficient sourcing strategies for hard to fill positions.
* Prepare progress reports for the hiring managers regarding the status of the assignment and present data during regular status update meetings.
* Effectively address questions and deal with objections from hiring managers, providing insight and constructive solutions to issues.
* Lead search discussions and appropriately present shortlist candidates throughout the search life cycle.
* Effectively manage candidate and manager expectations during the recruitment process.
* Develop rapport and relationships with a variety of management styles and personalities.
* Interview and evaluate candidates using behavioral and competency based interviewing skills.
* Determine which applicants are qualified/best fit for business and cultural needs of the organization.
* Manage the full recruiting life cycle process from job description to offer.
* Review, recommend, and administer the salary recommendation process.
* Conduct reference checks for final candidates to validate credentials, skills, and work ethic before final interview stage.
* Work on employment related projects as assigned to include (but not limited to) sourcing and pipeline recruiting process improvement initiatives.
* Effectively document and work within company recruiting and ATS systems.
Requirements for the ER role include:
* Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience within a broad range of recruiting environments. A blend of retained/contingency agency and corporate recruiting experience is preferred.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
* Proven results oriented work experience in a competitive, fast paced industry is essential.
* Ability to take responsibility for and lead assignments, reporting regularly on progress with minimal oversight.
* Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal stakeholders and external candidates, both verbally and in writing (strong phone and email skills required).
* Technical knowledge of MS Office products, with Taleo and HireVue experience preferred.
* Travel required as needed.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!