The Executive Director will lead the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of creative Total Reward programs in support of the company’s vision and objectives, and will ensure that program practices consider external market trends, are compliant with all government regulations, and positively impact employee retention and new candidate attraction. The Executive Director will have significant access to the Executive Leadership team, and will employ a strategic approach while also comfortably acting as a tactical content expert.
* Recognize trends and their impact on the company as a whole, and help to build a strategy that links HR to the business while addressing employee and HR departmental needs. Collaborate closely with Rewards, Recognition, Learning, Staffing, HRBPs, and Finance.
* Significantly contribute to the overall success of the business and the HR department, partnering with the appropriate leaders and employees (across all levels) to achieve this objective.
* Foster a climate in which individual employees and teams want to contribute at a high level. Create opportunities to give team members more autonomy, making each member of the team feel that their contribution is important.
* Provide expert guidance to the HR team, Executives, and Functional Leadership on reward program best practices, including annual performance and reward planning, short and long term incentive plans, sales incentives, employee recognition and benefit programs (health, welfare, 401(k), wellness, etc.), and key new hire compensation packages.
* Assess current reward platform and recommend changes and enhancements to ensure that reward programs attract new talent and retain current employees, with a focus on high potentials.
* Secure parent company approval of Executive Compensation and Long Term Incentive Plan (cash based), and address requests from the parent company.
* Collaborate with Talent Management to understand changing market conditions and create the most competitive compensation packages to attract the best new talent.
* Provide on-going change management support with a focus on HR Reward programs and the Workday HRIS platform.
* Select appropriate external partners to augment resources and obtain external perspective as appropriate.
* Keep apprised of federal, state, and relevant international compensation, benefits, and tax laws/regulations to ensure program compliance with government mandates.
* Leverage the Workday HRIS platform to provide analytical tools that align with talent development, workforce planning, and best in class HR analytics.
* Partner with the Director, HRIS to maximize return from Workday, Brass Ring, and other selected HR technologies.
* Ensure compliance and manage the maintenance, data integrity, and security of the HRIS system.
* Foster and maintain positive relationships with senior management and all technology users.
SHARED SERVICE DELIVERY
* Provide value added, best practice HR processes to the organization and affiliated companies.
* Partner with G&A functional teams in the creation of a scalable self-service model for current and future companies.
* Bachelor’s degree required. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) credentials strongly desired. MBA preferred.
* 15+ years of leadership experience in designing, implementing, and providing direction to compensation, benefits and HRIS functions. Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience and/or external consulting experience with a global firm required.
* Proven experience with one or more of the following: global compensation and benefits (Europe, etc.), sales, short, and long term incentive programs, and a fully integrated talent management SaaS model (Workday, Success Factors).
* Ability to a) interact with senior-level leaders both as a strategic partner and a hands-on advisor, b) collaborate with HR Business Partners and Finance to ensure that reward programs align with mid-term business plans, and c) provide development opportunities for interested HR team members and the Compensation team.
* Ability to assume the role of credible activist to earn respect and admiration, be listened to, provide a point of view, and challenge assumptions.
* Strong relationship building and negotiation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to support all levels of the organization, especially core strategic relationships.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to all levels within and outside of the organization.
* Results oriented and self-directed with the ability to prioritize effectively.
* Ability to handle highly sensitive data with integrity.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.