Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Director, Talent Management will apply Human Resources expertise to assigned business groups for our national, growing client, with an emphasis on recruiting and employee relations. In addition to recruitment, this role provides leaders and managers with advice and guidance on strategies and approaches that lead to stronger employee engagement, employee performance, and higher performing teams. The Director will also contribute to initiatives that strengthens the company’s brand as an employer of choice in the marketplace.
* Partner with assigned functional leaders and their management teams to develop long-term recruitment and staffing plans.
* Proactively identify, source, and recruit candidates using a variety of sources with the goal of identifying the highest quality talent for the most reasonable cost.
* Build and manage relationships with external staffing partners to facilitate the recruiting process and meet hiring goals.
* Spearhead existing relationship with LinkedIn.
* Work with HR Director to identify HRIS upgrade/ATS for recruiting.
* Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria. Provide interview training to interview teams as needed.
* Manage relationships with candidates to include communication regarding candidate’s status, document management, and onboarding. Develop and maintain an active applicant pool of qualified candidates for potential/future positions.
Performance Management/Employee Development
* Consult with business partners and help them pursue strategies and tactics that engage and develop their leadership team and staff.
* Help leaders translate employee engagement feedback into actions, practices, and programs that strengthen employee engagement and performance.
* Ensure leaders take full advantage of programs that support employee engagement, development, and performance.
* Ensure that leaders establish practices that guarantee employees receive ongoing coaching and feedback.
* Work with managers to ensure appropriate and meaningful feedback on performance reviews and the further development of employees.
* Help leaders define training plans and programs that are specific to their department.
* Ensure day-to-day application, communication, and implementation of HR policies and programs.
* Participate in employee relations management activities.
* Provide guidance and/or serve as liaison between staff and appropriate specialists to identify courses of action related to recruitment, retention, performance management, legal issues, compensation, and training and development.
* Support managers in all HR-related matters consistent with the values of the company, ensuring prompt communication and resolution of issues.
* Fully understand and articulate the company’s benefits programs so that candidates and employees understand their full value. Highlight how benefits programs differentiate the company from other employers.
* Actively participate in the design, planning, and rollout of HR initiatives as per HR leadership.
* Protect the interests of the company and its employees in accordance with human resources policies, federal and state laws, and regulations.
* Represent the company in networking, recruiting, and professional organizations.
* Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a high-volume HR and recruitment environment, implementing and utilizing a variety of talent management and acquisition techniques. Masters in Business Administration or advanced HR degree preferred.
* Understanding of HR policies and practices with prior experience as a Senior Recruiter, HR Business Partner, and/or HR Generalist.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills (poised and engaging, empathetic communication style that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups).
* Ability to partner with all levels of hiring managers, providing a collaborative approach to hiring strategy and employee relations.
* Ability to influence and present to employees at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to act quickly and efficiently with a high degree of professionalism.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to travel as required.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!