The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will lead the execution of the firm’s diversity and inclusion strategy. This role will be responsible for maintaining ongoing programs and the initiation of new programs to reinforce an inclusive culture and build a work force that is diverse. In a firm-wide capacity, this role will promote awareness of diversity and inclusion issues both internally, to attorneys and administrative staff, and externally. The role of the Diversity & Inclusion Manager will collaborate closely with the executive team and other committees and senior management members to ensure alignment with business practices and the D&I strategic plan.
- * Lead all diversity and inclusion efforts for both lawyers and staff. This includes strategic planning and implementation, establishing best practices across the firm, and the development and implementation of programs and events.
- * Serve as an advisor to firm management in the areas of diversity and inclusion, and periodically interact with the Executive Committee, other pertinent committees, and/or other senior leaders.
- * Work closely with the Executive Committee as well as the Strategic Planning Committee to coordinate and integrate D&I into the firm’s on-going business development and strategic planning processes.
- * Work with existing talent management teams to create programs that are designed to attract, promote, and retain diverse talent.
- * Review internal operational policies and procedures to identify areas that need improvement in alignment with D&I efforts. Work closely with departments to implement change. Influence progress through the implementation and coordination of internal training and educational programs for both attorneys and administrative staff.
- * Coordinate community outreach programs designed to enhance the D&I firm opportunities (Scholarship/Internship Program, Mentoring Program, etc.).
- * Coordinate and oversee all efforts related to firm Attorney Affinity Groups and manage the creation of the firm culture committee for staff.
- * Work closely with the Business Development & Marketing Department to coordinate client-facing diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives that support the firm’s client outreach, business development, and alumni outreach efforts.
- * Maintain all diversity-related data and, upon request, share pertinent information for RFP’s, surveys, or other business reasons. Establish and maintain all statistical data relating to diversity and track all year-over-year data.
- * Attend related conferences, meetings, and other external programs to learn about new best practices within the D&I field, and propose and implement continuous improvements to firm D&I initiatives.
- * Leveraging extensive experience, ensure compliance with applicable federal/state laws, policies, and procedures (Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, and other applicable laws).
- * Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of management experience in the diversity field. Previous legal experience a plus.
- * Extensive experience planning, designing, and delivering programs/events and implementing best practices related to diversity and inclusion issues in a complex, consensus-driven environment.
- * Ability to counsel attorneys, staff, and management, demonstrating confidentiality, tact, and resourcefulness.
- * Demonstrated knowledge of diversity and inclusion best practices in professional services environments.
- * Strong presence that instills confidence with an understanding of key issues in the diversity and inclusion legal community.
- * Excellent interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships and drive consensus. Evidenced ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, attorneys, and staff.
- * Strong organizational and project management abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- * Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- * Strong technical skills with all MS Office Suite products and the proven ability to analyze and report on data.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.