This role is responsible for leading the HR function and promoting a high performance environment, including leadership effectiveness, staffing and sourcing, talent development, performance programs, compensation, policy compliance, employee/labor relations, and communications. In addition, the Director will define HR strategies and action plans to facilitate the achievement of business results, organizational effectiveness, and individual development.
* Work in partnership with business leaders to communicate and implement programs that support business goals and drive bottom line results, including optimizing employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
* Manage and lead recruitment efforts in conjunction with in-house recruiter, with a focus on bringing in diverse talent and building a strong bench.
* Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws through appropriate program and process management, as well as ad hoc situation analysis and subsequent action plans.
* Counsel managers through challenging performance management situations. Support managers in developing and communicating plans to address areas of improvement.
* Objectively assess and employee relations issues and bring to resolution.
* Deliver timely, high quality and impactful employee communications.
* Provide training and development activities for salaried employees.
* Champion ACE initiatives for the HR department.
* Manage and develop the HR staff.
* Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Management or an applicable field. A graduate degree is desirable but not required.
* 10+ years of exempt level Human Resources generalist experience supporting professional employees with role progression. Hands-on experience in a professional services or construction firm is a plus.
* General knowledge of employment law (ADA, EEO, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, NRLA, Title VII) with the ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations.
* Ability to understand, interpret, and easily communicate policies, practices, and the Code of Ethics.
* Demonstrates discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials, possesses good business judgment, and unwavering customer service orientation.
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong interpersonal skills.
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail while effectively managing multiple priorities.
* Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
If you are interested in this position then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!