Reporting to the Vice President, Talent, the Director, Talent Advisor Lead (DTA) will be the strategic thought leader/partner for executives to drive talent and organizational strategies that help achieve business goals and objectives. The DTA will be both a business leader and a catalyst for change, working closely with leadership to create a new purpose statement and set of corporate values while modernizing the organization to meet the needs of the future.
The role will provide strategic, integrated thinking and consultative support to the business that will attract, develop, and drive talent outcomes. The DTA will be responsible for leading a team of strategic HR Talent Advisors (formerly Human Resources Business Partners) in driving and supporting HR strategy throughout the business. The DTA will develop, implement, and provide oversight for all human resources programs.
* Serve as leader with aligned division executives and senior managers to link and design short/long-term talent strategies in areas such as strategic workforce planning, manager effectiveness, leadership capabilities, talent development, employee engagement, succession planning, and diversity and inclusion plans.
* Drive employee engagement strategies that will foster sustained momentum and support the company’s goal of being a global employer of choice.
* Develop and align business strategies to HR strategies and initiatives, diagnosing business challenges, exploring alternative solutions, and recommending best-fit solutions. Identify opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
* Partner with Talent COE in managing proper succession and high potential planning in line with the defined strategy and needs of the business. Ensure continual performance improvement within the function, driving processes to facilitate improvement.
* Lead the succession planning process for all global locations.
* Provide expert advice and counsel to senior leadership team. Consult to address root causes of issues and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach, including investigations.
* Create initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness, including the delivery of organizational design consultation during business planning and/or when solving business issues. Create communication and change management plans that support defined programs, taking in to account the company’s current state and readiness for change.
* Proactively consult, recommend, and evaluate talent-related metrics (operational, ER, Diversity and Inclusion, etc.) to determine overall effectiveness and/or gaps with talent initiatives or practices. Make data-driven decisions and recommendations using competitive intelligence, metrics, and market data to ensure alignment with aligned division business plans.
* Coach executives and senior leaders on leadership effectiveness and integrating the OS Leadership principles and practices into their way of leading people in their organizations.
* Communicate talent strategies and plans to all levels of the organization and across HR in a clear, concise, and thoughtful way to inspire confidence, alignment, and engagement.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field with a Master’s degree preferred.
* 10 to 15 years in increasingly responsible human resources roles, including direct involvement with senior business executives in high growth environments (preferably at the manager level).
* Demonstrated leader with a sincere dedication to the ongoing development of the business and human resources function. Strong conceptual ability coupled with a proven track record of implementing HR and organization initiatives.
* Strong influencing skills, the ability to interact with senior leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and an overall leadership capability.
* Possess both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” HR plan implementation experience.
* Must have a heavy emphasis on organizational design, talent management, HR strategy, succession leadership development and planning, and driving change.
* Robust background in employee relations, recruitment strategy, management, and strategic policy development with experience building a contemporary and value-added HR team.
* Ability to successfully work under pressure and handle multiple highly-sensitive issues while managing competing priorities.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with strong experience in the creation and execution of communication strategies.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.