With over 600 employees globally (500 in the US) and revenue of more than $300M, the client group is the largest business unit within the company. The Director/Senior Director of Human Resources will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer and SVP & GM for the business unit, and will be a member of the HR and business unit leadership teams. This role will provide a strategic bridge between the business unit’s plans and Human Resources. The position will collaborate with domestic and international colleagues to identify, develop, and execute innovative and business-relevant HR strategies and programs to ensure this business has the necessary skilled resources to meet the company’s business goals and outgrow the market.
- * Key contributor to the development and execution of the business unit’s strategy, driving organization capability development and representing the people and organization dimensions in the relevant leadership teams.
- * Drive the development of effective high-performing business leadership teams at all levels of the organization.
- * Support and facilitate the modeling and implementation of change management processes in the responsible areas.
- * Consult with and coach business leaders on employee issues and sustainability.
- * Champion employee engagement, supporting growth and development of people in the business.
- * Define the translation of business needs into an HR roadmap and execute throughout the company.
- * Lead the operational execution of the HR policies, processes, and practices.
- * Effectively coach line, senior, and executive management in matters relating to people and HR processes.
- * Manage the transformation and change within the business unit and HR projects across the company.
- * Make decisions and influence the business partner relationship through initiating, clarifying, and seeking information.
- * Own and drive the talent management initiatives (organization review, succession planning, performance management, employee training and development, retention, etc.) for the business unit. Leverage the talent management COE resources to ensure company consistency and leverage.
- * Ensure the right level of resources with the necessary skills set are identified, screened, selected, recruited, and onboarded with speed and effectiveness.
- * Work closely with Finance to manage Opex and the headcount for the business unit.
- * Actively manage voluntary and involuntary attrition to ensure lessons are learned and they are managed effectively and respectfully.
- * Proactively stay informed of HR trends and tendencies and how these can benefit the company.
- * Minimum of 8 to 12 years of progressive Human Resources experience within a US-based MNC.
- * Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Administration or other degree complemented by relevant experience in the area of Human Resources.
- * Able to adapt plans, strategies, and processes in ways suited to the situation and company culture.
- * A seasoned business professional at home with talking with/influencing senior decision-makers.
- * The ability to become a trusted advisor to senior management, not just on HR issues but also commercial, strategic, and organizational matters.
- * Ability to build rapport and connection with all layers in the organization, becoming the linking pin between employees and management.
- * Strong facilitation skills to provide added value when delivering training programs and team effectiveness sessions.
- * Well organized with a disciplined approach to analyzing data and evaluating priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- * Outstanding administration skills with the ability to review and improve systems and procedures with an emphasis on efficiency and user experience.
- * Previous success operating within a matrix management environment.
- * Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- * Display and mentor effective leadership qualities.
- * An energetic “can-do” approach.
- * Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strong in hands-on role.
- * Direct communicator with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- * Personal tenacity and resilience.
- * A collaborative approach to building relationships and making decisions.
If you are interested in this role then please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.