The Office of Recruitment Services is our client’s central strategic staffing arm for administrative staff recruitment across all central administration departments. The department also represents the organization, the third largest private employer in Massachusetts, as one employer to the external marketplace for a variety of organization-wide recruitment systems, policies, and external partnerships. They are seeking an innovative, experienced, and results-driven leader to assess, execute, and deliver in all areas of talent acquisition. Reporting to the Director of Workplace Development, and in close partnership with the Director of HR Consulting, the Director of Recruitment Services (DRS) will lead Recruitment Services to support the current and future staffing needs of the central administration units, ensuring an effective recruitment process for all units.
The DRS is responsible for the strategic oversight and execution of recruitment marketing for the organization. Directing a staff of 12, the DRS will be an integral part of talent management and talent acquisition integration, and will develop talent acquisition programs, lead change management initiatives, and support organizational talent management programs in leadership development and career management. Key responsibilities include:
* Serve as strategic liaison to hiring managers and HR partners.
* Manage a team of recruitment professionals and administrative staff who are responsible for providing services, tools and support to recruit staff for Central Administration units.
* Conduct ongoing analysis of the Recruitment Services function to determine how recruitment processes and protocols may be streamlined, new recruitment sources can be developed, and department resources can be most effectively deployed.
* Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for key stakeholders and clients to influence the continuous improvement of recruitment services and processes.
* Identify and analyze relevant recruitment performance metrics and use the data to identify trends, drive change, and assess progress for both central administration units and organization-wide recruiting partners.
* Develop and communicate the organization’s value proposition to build a strong presence in the marketplace.
* Influence key stakeholders, providing partnership and support to bring consensus to the organization’s recruitment mission.
* Lead the development and implementation of employment marketing approaches for recruiting talent, recognizing opportunities to market the organization to a diverse population.
* Research, develop, and participate in innovative programs and services to ensure that the organization has a strong employment presence in the community.
* Determine/clarify recruitment standards and OFCCP compliance expectations to ensure units are trained accordingly.
* Lead and role model recruitment strategies that include building diverse pipelines.
* Work with HR partners to help identify any compensation issues related to the recruitment process, and that a total rewards strategy is utilized in the recruitment process.
* Ensure “best practices” are created and communicated to hiring units across the organization.
* Develop effective approaches to increase the career mobility of current employees, while addressing broader strategic workforce and talent planning needs.
* Deliver highly competent solutions with emerging niche methods of recruitment such as social media.
* Directly recruit for select executive level searches.
* Serve as business owner of the applicant tracking system (ATS) to ensure the ongoing problem resolution, improvement, data integrity, and optimization of the system.
* Negotiate with and manage key recruitment vendor relationships.
* Onboard new Recruitment Services staff, maintain job descriptions, and conduct performance reviews.
* Manage Recruitment Services’ annual budget.
* Lead and/or participate in organization-wide initiatives or projects.
* Chair the Recruiters Group and communicate recruitment-related information across the organization.
* Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s degree preferred.
* 12+ years of HR experience with at least 7 years of experience in talent acquisition management.
* Strong knowledge of and experience with Federal contractor (OFCCP) policies and compliance.
* Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing recruitment strategies, policies, and programs with experience creating and executing recruitment marketing strategies. Other professional experiences beyond HR a plus, e.g. financial, legal, etc.
* Ability to gain credibility with diverse constituencies.
* Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent acquisition and business strategy.
* Strong knowledge of the regional labor market and workforce planning needs.
* Extensive knowledge in sourcing diverse populations and promoting an inclusive workforce.
* Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and managing a business unit budget.
* Experience building consensus and integrating processes, policies, and procedures across multiple decision-makers in a decentralized environment.
* Effectively able to build and maintain relationships with the ability to lead others through change.
* Success in developing and negotiating major vendor relationships.
* Hands-on, energetic, self-starter with managerial experience.
* Able to deal with immediate priorities while anticipating and planning for strategic future needs.
* Able to communicate effectively across all constituency groups.
* Ability to influence the organization with skill, grace and humor.
* Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
* Ability to gain respect and trust of key clients.
* Able to manage, coach, motivate, and mentor team members.
* Excellent customer relations skills.
* Proven track record of success and a strong focus on quality and customer service.
* Collaborative and consultative style, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
* Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong analytical, influence, and consensus building skills.
* Ability to engage and inspire people.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!