Own and manage the HR function for for all operations worldwide, including recruiting, benefits, performance management, HRIS, internal communications, and compliance. The Director of HR has one direct report and reports to the VP of Finance and Administration. This is a highly visible position with regular communication with the senior leadership in Boston and worldwide.
- * Recruiting: Assume ownership for the entire recruiting process. Work with hiring manager to draft position descriptions and recruiting strategy, select outsider placement agencies if needed, and manage the candidate intake process, including job posting, scheduling interviews and post-interview debrief, and final selection.
- * Benefit Design and Implementation: Annually review and update benefit plans, based on internal equity, contractual commitments, and external competitive factors for all employees, including US, UK, Germany, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Serve as main contact for providers of benefits.
- * Performance Management: Manage the annual performance review and goal setting process for employees worldwide.
- * Internal Communication: Serve as the internal “public” face and regularly check-in with all employees. Be the first to know what’s working and what’s not for every employee.
- * Compliance: Know and insure the company is in compliance with HR-related compliance regulations worldwide.
- * HR Vendors: Serve as lead contact for all HR vendor worldwide.
- * Employee Assistance: Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on various issues, including the interpretation of HR policies and procedures. Help employees solve issues with vendors.
- * Employee Handbook and HR Portal: Regularly review and update employee handbook and HR portal.
- * Bachelor’s degree with PHR or SHRM certification preferred.
- * 5-10 years of management experience in HR in a small company (50-250 employees) with overall responsibility for HR in domestic and international offices.
- * Excellent understanding of benefits and payroll in the U.S. with the ability to learn in foreign countries. Solid knowledge of regulatory compliance issues.
- * Understanding of state, federal, and corporate recruiting.
- * Incredibly organized and detail driven with great written and verbal communication skills.
- * Proficient with and comfortable using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you.